Change background image

2010-11 Soccer Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Schnellders, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Schnellders

Schnellders The Sinister Scotsman

I know it doesnt generate as much discussion as other sports around on this forum but with the English season starting in around 10 days, and other major European leagues and the Champions League soon after, I reckon it was time to create the thread for all to post their comments and opinions on football/soccer for the upcoming year.
  2. Schnellders

Does anyone know anything about 2 Americans, Alejandro Bedoya and Benny Feilhaber? Reason I ask is because my team Rangers are scouting them in the USA-Brazil game as potential low-cost signings
  3. Mets_bs

Mets_bs Hammerhead

Benny Feilhaber is a decent play making midfielder, he was loaned out to Derby not too long ago and was a bit of a prima donna and couldn't get on the field. He fell out of favor with the national team but has worked his way back in to the squad after he made a move to Denmark and found his form. Good passer, decent vision, and can score the odd goal. Below is one he scored in the Gold Cup in 2007 against Mexico in the finals.
  4. Schnellders

Champions League group matches start tomorrow!

I have bought my 3 match ticket package for Rangers home games against Manchester United, Valencia and Bursaspor
  5. BosnianBaller_

BosnianBaller_ Hammerhead

go Inter. although i really don't like that roma, milan, and juventus improved their teams while we lost mourinho and balotelli and haven't bought any players.
  6. BosnianBaller_

seems like eto'o and milito have switched places. eto'o has become a scoring machine this season as milito hasn't even netted one goal.
  7. Schnellders

Messi is injured for a few weeks for Barca. Hopefully he is back and scoring soon!
  8. BosnianBaller_

milito has flat out sucked. they should have sold him and bought dzeko.
  9. Schnellders

Hard to do that when he scored the crucial goals in the Champs League final.
  10. Schnellders

Just back from tonights Champions League action. Rangers won 1-0 against the Turkish champs, Bursaspor. Here is the goal:

:D :D :D
  11. BosnianBaller_

have u gotten fifa 11 schnellders?
  12. Schnellders

I don't currently have it yet. Will probably get it for my birthday in November or at Christmas. Trying to finish off some of my other games just now, plus I bought Mafia 2 last week and going through it atm.

Have you bought FIFA 11 yet? If so, how do you rate it?
  13. BosnianBaller_

yeah i bought it on the day it came out. it's really good. i like it, not much different from 10 except the graphics are even more amazing. and it's harder to score because now you can actually slide tackle without get red carded every time
  14. Schnellders

Looks like the owners of the Red Sox are going to buy Liverpool FC after the Gillett/Hicks debacle.
  15. Schnellders

Damn Scotland were so close to pulling off an upset against the reigning World & European champions, Spain last night. Down 2-0, we pulled back to 2-2 until they got a late winner to make it 3-2.
  16. Just watched my first Barclay's match this year (hard to get them in America) between Aston Villa and Man U. I was pulling hard for Villa and it looked like they had it in the bag until 2 late goals by Man U tied it at 2 all.
  17. Schnellders

I watched that game also. First half was a non-event but it turned out to be really entertaining in the 2nd half. Pretty crazy that Man Utd have drawn 6 of their 7 away games so far.
  18. BosnianBaller_

barclays league is probably my favorite to watch but that first half was pretty boring........................did you get fifa 11 yet schnellders?
  19. Schnellders

Not yet, maybe at Christmas. Got too much uni work right now and getting FIFA would distract me too much haha
  20. BosnianBaller_

antonio cassano is pretty much done at sampdoria. the persident has vowed to sell the player once the january transfer window opens. i think a lot of teams will be setting up bids for the enigmatic forward because even though he is a headcase, he is a very talented player. cassano is the ron artest of the soccer world.