Change background image

2010-11 Soccer Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Schnellders, Aug 5, 2010.

1. catchoftheday

catchoftheday top of the world

hahaha Luis Suarez is the best
  2. Schnellders

Schnellders The Sinister Scotsman

Rangers enter into administration today. What has happened to our great club :'(
  3. catchoftheday

no offense but it's Scotland and its a pretty low league ... sure sucks though
  4. Dr Beinfest

Dr Beinfest Larry's Little Helper

Speaking of soccer - our intramural soccer team here at UCF was finally eliminated in the quarterfinals. Deep bruised shin, deep bruised thigh, cut up knee, something wrong with my foot?, and a broken nose all occurring in the span of a week. I can hardly walk :(

Floor hockey starts on Friday, and I'm the captain of that team. Hope for a quick recovery.
  5. Hotcorner

Hotcorner Teal Avenger .

Jacksonville will be hosting US vs Scotland on May 26. :thumbup
  6. Schnellders

True, however Rangers still have one of the most global fanbases
  7. Schnellders

Easy win for you guys.....
  8. catchoftheday

agreed ... unfortunately when you play in a 2 team league where no one is really competitive you will not really get much in return as far as revenue.
  9. Matty

Matty Till we have built Jerusalem...

100%. It's all set up for him to take us and fail, but it's the most hopeful i have been for a long time in this country yet the players are still old and over-rated.
  10. Matty

Rotherham are now 9th, 5 points off the playoffs. Winning 2 and drawing 2 of their last 4 against good opposition. We still have 7th to play so the playoff chase is on. And with our new loanee striker Shaun Harrad who has 3 goals in 4 games, its looking up again.
  11. Matty

11th 6 points off the playoffs after a defeat. Suddenly looks ominous after a terrible performance.
  12. Schnellders

Just checking up on the stats of a couple of players for this season:

Messi 41 games 43 goals

Ronaldo 36 games 37 goals

Not bad eh?
  13. Matty

Crazy stats. I wish we had players that could match then.

What is the current situation at Rangers Schnellders? The press has been making out its bleak?
  14. nico1270

nico1270 Grasshopper

Argentina 3 - Switzerland 1.

Messi scored those 3 goals.
  15. Schnellders

It's more than bleak. Currently in administration, wont be allowed into Europe next season and potentially half the playing squad could be let go any day now. All this for a team that gets more fans on a weekly basis than all but 3 teams in the English Premierleague.
  16. Matty

Not a very good situation. Port Vale also going into Admin.

I've seen 2 players have left today, lets hope not many more decide to do the same. You wont see any big Prem club put into Admin, they seen to get away with mountains of debt.
  17. Schnellders

The players are currently trying to work out a deal with the administrators to prevent any further redundancies. Think the proposal is for the top earners to sacrifice 75% of their salary until the end of the season, mid-earners 50% and low earners 25%
  18. nico1270

nico1270 Grasshopper

Ok, Messi scored 5 the other day. What else can we say bout him?
  19. Schnellders

He's average?
  20. catchoftheday

win a world cup than you'll be the best of all time

that's my message to the Messiah