Change background image

2011-2012 Florida Panthers/NHL Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Dr Beinfest, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Dr Beinfest

Dr Beinfest Larry's Little Helper

2. I Love Me Some Fish

I Love Me Some Fish 2013 = year of the fish?

That was a quick offseason.
  3. Dr Beinfest

I beg to differ... between the 7 game series Stanley Cup Final to the rioting in Vancouver followed by a Florida Panther re-overhaul followed by arguably the single largest Free Agency Day in Panther history all mixed in with three dead NHLers followed by the deaths of all 37 KHLers of an entire team roster (a fair share of whom were notable NHLers and former Panthers).

In my eyes, it's been the longest off season ever, that needs to end now!
  4. gizmo

gizmo RALLY, BITCH

I really can't wait for the season to start.
  5. Erick

Erick Marlin

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
  6. excited to see what the additions bring.

all people seem to look at is that we lost vokoun. its a loss but we improved in many other areas.
  7. Dr Beinfest

Can't make it riding Vokoun's back...

Granted you can't win a Stanley Cup without a great goalie...

But lets take this one step at a time.
  8. gizmo

gizmo RALLY, BITCH

My expectations are in check. I don't expect the team to make the playoffs, but I do expect them to play hard and make the games entertaining to watch.
  9. Erick

Erick Marlin

A great team can.

Edit: Not that I think this is a great team, just saying. I think they can make the playoffs, for a change? That'd be nice...
  10. Dr Beinfest

More than just a great team. An exceptional team can win a Stanley Cup without a great goaltender. But, for the most part, history will tell that the winning team has both a Stanley Cup team and either a goalie who was already good or who shined in the playoffs.
  11. heat84

heat84 Hammerhead

I think they'll finally squeak in with a 7th or 8th seed. They've made a lot of upgrades and its been 11 years, so the odds are in their favor. And I'll be ecstatic if they do so.
  12. Dr Beinfest

I wouldn't necessarily say that all of the 'upgrades' they've made are enough.

A lot of it was filling in blatant holes. They're not a bottom dweller anymore, but unless they get some serious chemistry running and all of these players live up to their potential we're not looking at a playoff team until guys like Howden, Huberdeau, etc. all develop.
  13. mystikol87

mystikol87 Boom Shaka Laka VIP

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probability
  14. jmenjes

jmenjes Imagination...

15. gizmo

gizmo RALLY, BITCH

The Panthers split their doubleheader with Nashville.
  16. Dr Beinfest

Noting that this is the first double header in NHL history.
  17. Erick

Erick Marlin

Win or lose, I really want the season to start already.
  18. gizmo

gizmo RALLY, BITCH

Ditto. Although I am interested in how Huberdeau performs. I think it's fair to give him at least the 9 game tryout
  19. Dr Beinfest

Nah, if he doesn't make the team (and I'm sure he wont, they'll want that extra year on his ELC come time), they can save those 9 games if they're in a real sh*thole at the end of the season and they need an extra body or two and then they can see how he does.
  20. Erick

Erick Marlin

Clemmensen had knee surgery today.

Plante the likely backup to start the season.