Change background image

2011-2012 Florida Panthers/NHL Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Dr Beinfest, Sep 15, 2011.

1. gizmo

gizmo RALLY, BITCH

2. Dr Beinfest

Dr Beinfest Larry's Little Helper

You only believe red once?

Doubter.
  3. gizmo

gizmo RALLY, BITCH

4. Dr Beinfest

We're on page 69.
  5. gizmo

gizmo RALLY, BITCH

Hey guys............Semin.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Dr Beinfest

A Semin Staal line? Where do I line up?
    1 person likes this.
  7. MarlinKidd101

MarlinKidd101 Don't Read This.

Not 1, not 2, not 3...
  8. mystikol87

mystikol87 Boom Shaka Laka VIP

C-c-c-combo breaker!
  9. Dr Beinfest

10. Dr Beinfest

Yay counting with Ivan!
  11. Anyone interested in Petr sykora. He had 44 points last year and can be a solid contributor.
  12. Dr Beinfest

I'd stay away from Sykora. He's getting old, and he's been notorious through his career at being a complementary player to stars. I don't see how he fits into the Panthers lineup at all.
  13. marlins1994

marlins1994 Grasshopper

Panthers gunna make the Stanley Cup this yr. I feel it!
  14. MrMarlinPride

MrMarlinPride Unsung Hero

How's our offseason been so far? I know they resigned Steeger and replaced Garrison with Kuba and Perros. Any other key additions/losses?
  15. Dr Beinfest

Well... Parros replaces Bradley/Barch.

Key losses:

Jason Garrison
    Mikael Samuelsson
    Matt Bradley

Key additions:

Filip Kuba
    Peter Mueller
    George Parros

So in all...

Garrison > Kuba
    Samuelsson > Mueller (although Mueller has more skill, just can't stay healthy)
    Bradley < Parros

Pretty stagnant. The Panthers are relying a whole lot on growth of their younger players. Looks like Huberdeau is a lock for a spot, if you ask me. Bjugstad went back to NCAA, so that really leaves a tossup between Shore and Howden? I'm not really sure how the extra rookie spot looks like now, or even if there is one. Could just be someone like Repik starting the season off.

Fleischmann-Weiss-Upshall
    Huberdeau-Mueller-Versteeg
    Bergeinheim-Goc-Kopecky
    Smithson-Matthias- Skille
    Parros
    Santorelli/Shore/Repik/Howden/etc.

Weaver-Campbell
    Gudbranson-Kulikov
    Jovanovski-Kuba
    Ellerby

Obviously with those pairings being really up in the air. More of a depth chart, really. Although I admit I did write the D up as 'Defensive-Offensive'.
    1 person likes this.
  16. gizmo

gizmo RALLY, BITCH

I wouldn't pencil in Mueller as a center just yet. From what I've read, he's been playing wing for most, if not all, his NHL career.
  17. Dr Beinfest

Well there's a reason I didn't list Shore in the lineups. However, if the names I listed there do end up being the roster, it's either Huberdeau or Mueller playing center.

Or, the bulls*** chance that you see someone like Matthias moving up and Santorelli filling in. But then you're using Mueller or Huberdeau on a line that they simply shouldn't be used on.
  18. Santorelli will probably be gone but yeah we are really counting on huberdeau and mueller to do well.

It's also time for upshall to come around and for kulikov to stay healthy and become the 40+ point defenseman he's supposed to be.
  19. Mr. Man

Mr. Man Hammerhead

Let's hurry up and get this season started please. Especially after the Marlins have tanked. And especially after I just got finished watching Jonathan Huberdeau's highlights. Can you say "Peter Forsberg"? I knew that you could. And also, NO WORK STOPPAGE PLEASE! :mad
  20. Mr. Man

Mr. Man Hammerhead

Just read today in the Sun Sentinel that according to sources Eric Gudbranson sustained a "bad" shoulder injury during an informal workout at the Saveology.com Iceplex this week. They said it's an injury that could sideline him for 4 months. The Panthers have yet to confirm the injury. I guess the bright side is that aside from the possibility of a lockout that would mean he would miss less games, we could possibly see Alex Petrovic on the big squad a little bit sooner. But of course, this injury to Gudbranson is bad news. Sucks.