Change background image

2011 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by dim, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Hotcorner

Hotcorner Teal Avenger .

that guy's a beast
  2. Anonymous

Anonymous Sun

Disagree. Mediocre he is not.
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Sun

Webb and Carimi on the outside is very good for Cutler.
  4. StantonisKing

StantonisKing St. Petersburg College FTW!

Hate to say it but the Jets made a hell of a pick.
  5. Hotcorner

Hotcorner Teal Avenger .

certainly not mediocre as a college QB, he was very good. But first round #12 overall?
  6. Iowa

Iowa Midwest Invasion

Yea, two of the biggest sumbitches on the planet. A welcomed change

Heyward becomes 4th big ten DE to be drafted so far
  7. dim

dim President of the Robert Andino Fan Club.

Good, not very good.

He's a late 2nd round value. You don't draft a guy who will give you Kerry Collins numbers 12th overall.

Low ceiling for Ponder. The funny thing is the Vikings actually wanted Locker, but got stuck with Ponder.

To Piazza, there's a reason nobody is drafting Ryan Mallet yet. There's a really good chance he's available come the third round. He failed the character portion of team interviews. He's not performed well in big games. Nowhere near a franchise QB.
  8. I Love Me Some Fish

I Love Me Some Fish 2013 = year of the fish?

So Temple has a 1st round pick this year
  9. I Love Me Some Fish

What makes you think they didn't try and trade down?
  10. I Love Me Some Fish

Bailey or Hankerson is our last hope.....
  11. Anonymous

Anonymous Sun

His game translates well to the NFL game. People underrate him way too much, and I honestly don't know why. He has everything you need to be a franchise QB. Especially with the weapons around him.
  12. Iowa

Iowa Midwest Invasion

Hopefully GB trades Aaron Rodges and their pick to the CFL
  13. Anonymous

Anonymous Sun

Wow, Ryan Mallet has not been picked yet. Neither has DaQuan Bowers.
  14. I Love Me Some Fish

Bowers' knee injury is serious.
  15. Piazza31

Piazza31 Pr*ck

They made a pick---thats all I needed to prove they didn't lol.

Everythign I heard coming into the draft was how the steelers wanted pouncey, a 1st and a 2nd should have been taken. I think they got greedy and stuck,
  16. Anonymous

Anonymous Sun

Arthritis, isn't it? Ashame. He had a chance to be a top ten pick.
  17. Anonymous

Anonymous Sun

I like the Jets pick. Just adds more talent to their defense. Wilkerson is raw, but a line of Devito, Pouha, and Wilkerson is good. Plus, it needed some youth as Pouha and Ellis are pretty old.

For Miami's pick, I like it. I wish we selected Mallet, but there is a reason he fell so far down the draft. I wonder if we would have selected Ponder had he been available? Still, Pouncey is a damn good guard, and now the left side of our line has the potential to be flat out dominant.

New England made a solid pick in Nate Solider. Now they have three seconds, so it'll be interesting to see what they do. They also got a first round pick from the saints in the 2012 draft. Damn.
  18. StantonisKing

StantonisKing St. Petersburg College FTW!

I was upset when I heard the Jets took Wilkerson, he is a monster. Massive, good against the run, gets in the backfield, sacks the QB. Their defense got even scarier with that pick.

I love the way the Phins OL is looking. Pouncey is not only incredibly talented but plays with a mean streak. Long and Pouncey, can't get much better than those two.
  19. Anonymous

Anonymous Sun

Agree on the Dolphins offensive line. IMO, we're set at both the defensive and offensive lines. Long at LT, Pouncey at LG, Incognito should be starting at C which is an upgrade over Berger imo, and Carey at RT. The only question mark is John Jerry. It would be awesome if he stepped up. This line probably isn't as good as our line two seasons ago, but it should stay healthy and consistent.

20. Iowa

Iowa Midwest Invasion

Marvin Austin falling to the Bears in the 2nd would be spectacular