Change background image

2012-2013 Florida Panthers/NHL Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Dr Beinfest, Sep 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr Beinfest

Dr Beinfest Larry's Little Helper

Fehr is an asshat.
  2. Piazza31

Piazza31 Pr*ck

Curious,
    Since when did players start getting 50% of the profits in any league- that doesn't make any sense to me.

The contracts should always be enough, as well as benefits (health, life insurance).
  3. Schnellders

Schnellders The Sinister Scotsman

Random question but is Drew Miller of the Red Wings any good? Just heard that he's playing over in Scotland during the lockout for what could be considered my "local" team (even though I've never been to a game of theirs....)
  4. Dr Beinfest

Average third line/fourth line player.

Considering his AHL and NCAA numbers, he'd be an above average 25-30 goal scorer in the EIHL.
  5. Dr Beinfest

They're coming off of a CBA that gave them 57%.

50% is normal for the other leagues though.
  6. Piazza31

Piazza31 Pr*ck

Do you agree they shouldn't get any, at least a significantly smaller cut like 25%.
  7. Dr Beinfest

You need to keep in mind that the 50% we're talking about here is 50% of profit gets distributed among payroll.

I think that ballpark is fair. That is to say... if the NHL makes $2 billion, $1 billion is spread out among the players.

Now yes, any money should be enough for them, but think about it this way... if it's something ridiculously low like 25%, that means that between 30 owners there is $1.5 billion. Do the owners need that much? No.

In reality, neither the players nor the owners NEED any of this. a 50-50 split should be enough, and then they should shut the f*** up. I hate how the NHLPA is marketing this sh*t, and whining because 'they just don't want to take a paycut'. f*** that, boohoo I don't want to take a paycut either. I'd like to be employed hourly at Lockheed Martin right now for $16/hr and I'm busting my ass off to get that position. Quit your bitching about a league minimum dropping from $600k to $575k, on salary.
  8. Erick

Erick Marlin

His brother is way better.
  9. Piazza31

Piazza31 Pr*ck

See, didn't understand that it was 50% of revenue spent on payroll. I was always under the impression it's Payroll, and then 50% of the profits. At least that's the way ESPN has explained it in the past with the NFL and NBA.

I'd still argue that 50% is a bit much. If the teams are all struggling to make ends meet, then the cost of payroll needs to go down to ensure they all profit.

I read an article that said MON, NYR, and TOR are the only ones profiting- I believe it was in Forbes.
  10. Mr. Man

Mr. Man Hammerhead

Gary Bettman has announced a tentative agreement on a new CBA. IT'S HOCKEY TIME PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  11. Piazza31

Piazza31 Pr*ck

Google was right- January 15.

He needs to step down and Luongo needs to come back to Florida. I've forgiven him
  12. gizmo

gizmo RALLY, BITCH

Oh god, please no more Luongo trade talks. Not right now anyway.
    1 person likes this.
  13. MarlinKidd101

MarlinKidd101 Don't Read This.

Can't wait for the Bettman boos.
    1 person likes this.
  14. Erick

Erick Marlin

We have too many injuries already...
  15. I was really sick of all the CBA s*** but I heard goc, bergenheim, matthias were hurt.
  16. Dr Beinfest

How about the Fehr f***-yous?

It's funny though, because these agreements could've been made a long time ago. You know... if they had interest in getting a deal done three months ago they would've spent 20 hours doing collective bargaining and had the start of the regular season as their big old fancy deadline...
  17. Hotcorner

Hotcorner Teal Avenger .

wonder what attendance will be like for rest of the season.
  18. Marek svatos will be attending camp with the panthers. He was a solid player for the avalanche a few years ago.
  19. Dr Beinfest

Steer clear! We have enough talent in the depths, he'd be a waste of a spot. We don't need a project player!
  20. Erick

Erick Marlin

I'm guessing Tallon really loved the Avalanche teams from years ago. Didn't Wolski, Mueller and Svatos all play on the same team? Probably the same line, too?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.