Change background image

2012-2013 Florida Panthers/NHL Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Dr Beinfest, Sep 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clearly not enough.
  2. Mr. Man

Mr. Man Hammerhead

3. Hotcorner

Hotcorner Teal Avenger .

so is Weiss a goner? Reading the Wings like him...
  4. gizmo

gizmo RALLY, BITCH

Pretty much looks like it. Either Detroit or Toronto.
  5. gizmo

gizmo RALLY, BITCH

In the mean time...

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie
    FLA signs Shawn Matthias. Two years. $1.75 AAV.
  6. Fialkov said the Panthers were scheduling a conference call but it may just be for Matthias.
  7. gizmo

gizmo RALLY, BITCH

I hope not, but it probably is.
  8. MarlinKidd101

MarlinKidd101 Don't Read This.

Weiss is gone. End of an era. :verysad
  9. Mr. Man

Mr. Man Hammerhead

Yeah, what are you going to do :shrugs.
  10. Panthers also traded George Parros to Montreal for Phillippe Lefebvre and a 7th round pick.

Besides Matthias, nothing really impressive today.

Pretty pissed to see Weiss go to what is now a division rival.

I just cant stand having the cap space but Viner is to f***ing broke to spend it.
  11. gizmo

gizmo RALLY, BITCH

Keep in mind a lot of ridiculous contracts were given out today. All the big names got at least 5 years and around 5 or so million. You think Clarkson is work a 7 year contract at 5.25?

We'll end up picking up a few guys coming weeks that will help round out the team. Maybe guys like Brunner or Antropov. Not game changers, but decent vets. Tallon wants to give the kids a chance to shine, given our limited budget.
  12. my question is why is our budget so limited? I mean we have all those concerts, club red, and according to the numbers pretty decent attendance.When you can barely afford to go above the floor you should not be an owner and I think Tallon is pretty fed up with that also.
  13. Dr Beinfest

Dr Beinfest Larry's Little Helper

I've been saying it for a couple of days... Antropov would be a nice fit. His size, being one of the biggest players in the league, would suitably go with Tallon's style and make us a really big team up the middle.

Antropov 6'6" 240
    Matthias 6'3" 225
    Barkov 6'3" 205 (and probably getting bigger)
    Nick Bjugstad 6'6" 215
    Shore 6'3" 200

Goc is pretty average though.

Not to mention our large defensemen

Gudbranson 6'4" 195
    Petrovic 6'4" 205
    Robak 6'3" 195
    Jovo 6'3" 220

McCoshen 6'3" 195

Considering who's on the way out and who's on the way in, up the middle and per pairing we are looking at having a very big team in the future. Especially if we go after Antropov. Would totally be nice for the small wingers we have like Huberdeau and Versteeg. And guys like Kopecky are pretty sizey too.
  14. Reading the interview of Weiss by Fialkov just makes me want to strangle Viner and his group.

Seems like Dale begged for the money.
  15. Dr Beinfest

At least Viner cares somewhat. It's a far cry from Cohen. Let's just put that out there.
  16. Cohen did give out some contracts though. Weiss, Booth, Horton, Ballard, McCabe, Olesz, took on Vokoun.
  17. Mr. Man

Mr. Man Hammerhead

Cohen sucked, pure and simple.
  18. Ive met Viner. He is a very nice guy. But come on f***. You dont dish out the extra maybe half million a year to keep a cornerstone of your franchise.

This is not like the marlins who offer 3 million and the guy gets 8.
  19. Dr Beinfest

"Cohen" didn't do any of that. Jacques Martin did. He spoiled players. Olesz didn't deserve that contract. Weiss' contract was probably the only one that went down as a good contract overall. A team's spending isn't written in the books by how much money they gave one player, it's by how much money they spend overall. In that sense, Cohen and Viner are pretty damn similar.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.