Change background image

2012-2013 Florida Panthers/NHL Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Dr Beinfest, Sep 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr Beinfest

Dr Beinfest Larry's Little Helper

If anything it's a clear indication that Stephen Weiss never wanted to be captain.
  2. Erick

Erick Marlin

Right and I'm assuming he had no problem with that trade considering he wants to do the same thing for Luongo now.
  3. Dr Beinfest

And if we were not already in a fine position I would approve.

But we've got a nice tandem to pull through with until we can get Markstrom up.

Well, Clemmensen is a system goalie who sucks when you suck in front of him but that's another story...
  4. Piazza31

Piazza31 Pr*ck

At the time I actually did because I didn't believe we were a goaltender away from competing. I also viewed Vokoun as a good goalie with bad lapses in judgement on save selection based on his time with Nashville. He did make strides in Florida and he was fun to watch, but he wasn't going to make the difference.

I don't see Luongo demanding more than a goalie, a first and third and a defenseman. His trade value isn't as high as it should be and everyone knows if Vancouver keeps him he's going to be amnestied on July.

Knowing that he wants to play in Florida, and he is available one way or the other should help him get here.

What ever happened to our first round pick that year anyway?
  5. Dr Beinfest

I would never give up a 1st, 3rd, and a defenseman for Luongo.

In light of the recent captainship given to Jovo, the ONLY trade I would consider for Luongo is:

Upshall, 2nd, mid tier prospect

for

Luongo
  6. Erick

Erick Marlin

At the time I actually did because I didn't believe we were a goaltender away from competing. I also viewed Vokoun as a good goalie with bad lapses in judgement on save selection based on his time with Nashville. He did make strides in Florida and he was fun to watch, but he wasn't going to make the difference.

I don't see Luongo demanding more than a goalie, a first and third and a defenseman. His trade value isn't as high as it should be and everyone knows if Vancouver keeps him he's going to be amnestied on July.

Knowing that he wants to play in Florida, and he is available one way or the other should help him get here.

-Vokoun's always been consistent.
    -That's a lot for Luongo.
    -This current team isn't a better goaltender away from competing for a Stanley Cup either.

Goaltending was the strength of the team last year. Goaltending has been the strength of the team for awhile now. They need to score more.
  7. Piazza31

Piazza31 Pr*ck

Which, considering I don't know what luongos value is- might get it done.

He has a full no trade clause, and he can grab the Canucks by the balls and force a trade to Florida.

I just looked it up- we traded a 9th overall first round pick for vokoun and the 40th that year, and thd 2007 58th overall.

Was Vokoun worth that?
  8. Piazza31

Piazza31 Pr*ck

-This current team isn't a better goaltender away from competing for a Stanley Cup either.

Goaltending was the strength of the team last year. Goaltending has been the strength of the team for awhile now. They need to score more.

Vokoun a stats have always been consistent- he's always had mental lapses with bad passes and very very poor goals allowed.
  9. Benched

Benched Hammerhead

I'd have liked to see Campbell get the C but Jovo has done a lot for the team behind the scenes and is a great locker room leader. Don't mind him having it. The Soupy One should definitely be an A, though. Weiss too.
  10. Erick

Erick Marlin

You've made an argument on here for Luongo saying we should trade assets because a revolving door at goalie does not work so I'm assuming you think he's worth that.

Vokoun is a #1 and we did not have a revolving door when he was here.

Would you be okay trading the same value for Luongo right now? What would you like to trade for Luongo?
  11. Erick

Erick Marlin

Vokoun a stats have always been consistent- he's always had mental lapses with bad passes and very very poor goals allowed.

Vokoun was consistently good.
    He might've had bad stretches at times, but that's the case for every goalie, Luongo included.
  12. Piazza31

Piazza31 Pr*ck

Dropping into a butterfly at the top of the crease when the puck is off to the right boards is a pretty big mental lapse.

It's an even bigger mental lapse trying to catch the puck across your body when your blocker is there to direct it into the boards.

Or even to take penalties for playing the puck in your restricted zone- or tripping over the net when you pass the puck poorly along the boards.

Luongo may butterfly too much and not rely enough on his trapper, but he's never looked aloof out there.

Well- except that playoff game he was yelling at the refs.
  13. Erick

Erick Marlin

The point is that every goalie allows bad goals.
    As of right now, you can group Luongo and Vokoun into the same class/tier of goalies.
  14. Benched

Benched Hammerhead

I really don't get why people think we need a goalie. Without injuries, this is a playoff team with Markstrom/Theodore. Clemmensen is a fine fill in until Markstrom gets here.

Yeah, it's a shortened season and you want to win all you can both early and late but there's no reason to trade assets for a goalie right now.
  15. Piazza31

Piazza31 Pr*ck

I'm the only one on this board who has openly said he wants @strombone1 . My preference is when he's cut but you get him when you can.

I heard a interesting rumor of the flyers trading bryz to NYI for Dipietro, only to amnesty Dipietro and start Bob in net.

Islanders would keep Bryz but get rid of Ricks contract. Flyers get whatever they get for taking Rick- be it picks or players.
  16. Piazza31

Piazza31 Pr*ck

I would be okay with the same rounds and a player from depth. If we can get a Canucks offensive player I'd add more obviously.

Right now we wouldn't be trading the 9th overall pick, or the 40th, I'd see it as the 20th or so and the 50th.

Outside of the top 10 it's hard to judge talent, although its there. Top 10 picks should be coveted.
  17. Benched

Benched Hammerhead

Why on earth would the Flyers a) trade Bryzgalov who won them 33 games last year and who they have under a steal of a contract and b) even consider taking on the contract of DiPietro, who cannot stay healthy to save his life and even when he is healthy is a bottom tier goalie? To make that even somewhat attractive for the Flyers they'd need to be getting Taveres. Where did you hear that because that source is on some good drugs.
  18. Piazza31

Piazza31 Pr*ck

Why on earth would the Flyers a) trade Bryzgalov who won them 33 games last year and who they have under a steal of a contract and b) even consider taking on the contract of DiPietro, who cannot stay healthy to save his life and even when he is healthy is a bottom tier goalie? To make that even somewhat attractive for the Flyers they'd need to be getting Taveres. Where did you hear that because that source is on some good drugs.
    The idea is Bryz for players, and cut Dipietro.

Bryz was considered aloof last year and didn't fit in. Ask any flyers fan snd some anonymous sources and they regret Bryz signing / trade and not giving bobosky a chance.

I like Bryz, but he didn't seem to work out.

Oh- and YouTube his name for interviews leading up to the winter classic. Priceless
  19. Erick

Erick Marlin

I think you mean Bryzgalov is stealing money from the Flyers, right?
    1 person likes this.
  20. Benched

Benched Hammerhead

That's this year's starting goalies' (with DiPietro thrown in for laughs) salaries with their season average win total.

If not for a season ending injury in 2007, that wins/year number would be a lot higher. Probably somewhere around 25-30 as the Ducks were second in their division that year with a 47-27 record. Taking that into account, he deserves the money he gets paid and probably should get a little more.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.