Change background image

2012 NFL Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Marlins, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Marlins

Marlins Muckdog

Woah...

He's 36 but I'm all for it.

http://miamiherald.t...s-fallback.html
  2. Dr Beinfest

Dr Beinfest Larry's Little Helper

Yeah, I'm all not for it.

Unless they plan on drafting him, keeping Matt Moore, and drafting another youngster with a high pick. Then I'm all for it. As long as the last two things happen, I'm all for it.
  3. I Love Me Some Fish

I Love Me Some Fish 2013 = year of the fish?

It's a good thing we don't have an NFL thread.

jk I won't be "that guy".
    1 person likes this.
  4. dim

dim President of the Robert Andino Fan Club.

I think Peyton's got two or three more seasons in him, so I'm all for it. If they know Peyton is likely to be healthy by training camp and they'll get him for a smaller salary, then Manning is the best option out there. I'd hate to give up the 8th/9th overall pick to get him though.

This team can compete for a Super Bowl with Peyton.

I was going to be that guy, but I decided not to.
  5. PurpleHaze

PurpleHaze Social Assassin

I called this like six months ago. Not on MB.com, but I had an inkling. I am really apathetic about the Dolphins right now, so we'll see what happens.
  6. Marlins

Marlins Muckdog

I wasn't sure where to post this news.

I apologize if I wasn't supposed to start a new thread about it.
  7. MarlinKidd101

MarlinKidd101 Don't Read This.

Aww, I just going to brag that I suggested this, but that was only 2 months ago.

:hammer
  8. dim

dim President of the Robert Andino Fan Club.

It's no big deal. We just mentioned it really as a joke. It's cool, we just tend to put NFL news in the NFL Thread so if we want to search NFL information sometime in the future, we can just go to that thread.
  9. Iowa

Iowa Midwest Invasion

Jets fans must be in hell.. Giants/Patriot super bowl and now the Dolphins might get Peyton.

Miami was my guess way early in the season... makes sense. They're a playoff team with him. If he comes back healthy and Miami protects him, I don't see why he can't be a top quarterback into his 40s. People really jumped off his bandwagon with this injury but if hes healthy, hes as good as there has ever been and will still be elite.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Qbanj69

Qbanj69 Hammerhead

I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets make a push for Manning as well.
  11. JetsMania

JetsMania Hammerhead

I think you'l find teams lining up for Manning.
  12. bobbob1313

bobbob1313 Rally Sad Nats Fan!

I think it's a huge risk with his health.
  13. Anonymous

Anonymous Sun

Obvious answer but it all depends on his health. He'll be 36 to start the season, so he can give you 2 seasons of great play.

It's imperative to draft a QB to groom under Manning. I would go with Brock Osweiler.
  14. JetsMania

JetsMania Hammerhead

The interesting thing about the Manning situation is that he will get cut, not traded (if he is to change teams). If the Colts know 100% that he will be back to normal, then he will remain a Colt. The trickty part is that the Colts will need to know that by March 8, 5 days before the start of the next year. If they keep him, the Colts will have to pay him his $28 million bonus, plus they would be on the hook for a $7.5 million salary for the season.

I can't see the Colts paying $28 million and then hopping he can pass a physcial for another team so he can be traded. They'd almost be better off releasing him and then bidding on him on the open market.
  15. SteelersFan745

SteelersFan745 Grasshopper

It may be a good short term fix for the Dolphins if his neck has completely healed. The Dolphins have been known for taking risks on old injured Quarterbacks in recent years: Daunte Culpepper..Trent Green..Chad Pennington. One of these days they're going to have to find a way to draft a good franchise Quarterback if they want to sustain any long term success.
  16. Marlins

Marlins Muckdog

Wow...The Dolphins are gonna go hard after Manning...I like it.

http://miamiherald.t...right-guar.html
  17. bobbob1313

bobbob1313 Rally Sad Nats Fan!

Come on, people. We don't need a new thread for every new thing.
    1 person likes this.
  18. Anonymous

Anonymous Sun

Can we talk about the Superbowl in here?
  19. MarlinKidd101

MarlinKidd101 Don't Read This.

20. I Love Me Some Fish

I Love Me Some Fish 2013 = year of the fish?

This should be a thread about anything BUT the Superbowl.

Now lets talk Manning, Flynn, Luck, RG3, Weeden, Tannehill and every other future QB of the Dolphins.