Change background image

2013-2014 Florida Panthers/NHL Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by gizmo, Sep 1, 2013.

1. gizmo

gizmo RALLY, BITCH

Panthers beat Dallas 4-2! Barkov youngest ever to score in the NHL and Thomas gets the win!

WOOOOOOO
  2. Big win in the first game and the team played well. A few collapses but they made sacrifices and pulled it out. Great to see Gomez and Barkov get their first goals and Thomas get a win. I wasnt sure how this one would play out once Dallas went up 2-1.

Not an easy schedule coming up.
  3. That went downhill right after Kulikov botched the power play.
  4. Really? Where the hell is everyone?
  5. MarlinKidd101

MarlinKidd101 Don't Read This.

6. Erick

Erick Marlin

7. mrchainsaw

mrchainsaw Baseball is stupid

So Steven Stamkos is pretty good, eh?
  8. cannot remember the last game he played against us where he didnt score. Lightning have our number lately.
  9. that was much more like it. now lets avoid the let downs.

markstrom was solid and hopefully thomas will be back soon.
  10. Forest, why did this happen?

Seriously. Why?

Not even a point.
  11. yokofox33

yokofox33 lol desu

Last night's game was one of the most painful sporting events I've been to. Even the Boston fan behind me felt sorry for me.
  12. Dr Beinfest

Dr Beinfest Larry's Little Helper

And the rumors are swirling about a Panther firesale...

I don't think it's a firesale so much as they're about to flip a bunch of players on 1 yr contracts (and players who are going to be on 1 yr contracts).

Much like when Dale Tallon first got here. It isn't a surprise, this was the plan all along. That's why most of those guys like Versteeg and Fleischmann and so on all got contracts ending around the same time.
  13. i think the talk is way too premature. we are 9 games in and could easily have 2-3 more points.
  14. gizmo

gizmo RALLY, BITCH

Nothing major is going to happen until the deadline. I'm betting on that.

But if we were to do something huge, let's go after Yakupov if he becomes available.
  15. Mr. Man

Mr. Man Hammerhead

If they make some massive trade to bring in Yakupov, they will come to regret it IMO. We all will.
  16. gizmo

gizmo RALLY, BITCH

All depends on who we give up. Obviously Hubs and Barkov wouldn't be going.
  17. Dr Beinfest

Dr Beinfest Larry's Little Helper

Of course it's premature. We are 100% holding onto the guys if we are a playoff team, and 100% trading them if we are not. That's the point of having so many players in contract years and entering contract years (eligible for extensions). While you're rebuilding, you're giving incentive to be competitive for less talented players, and if they don't achieve a higher level of game they're still relatively flipabble for assets to help the rebuild.
  18. yokofox33

yokofox33 lol desu

God we suck. Can't score, got like 50 shots on net and still lost. Horrible.
  19. To say I am at a loss for words is an understatement.

I said it on Tuesday, we needed this game. Not even maybe. We needed to win this game for the standings and mentally.

That was a horrible loss. Horrible. And were always f***ing sitting around saying well were playing so well but were either losing or up 1-0.

Good job. We outplay and lose to the two worst teams in the conference.

And I am f***ing losing patience with Markstrom. Those two goals were a combine 120 feet away.
  20. Erick

Erick Marlin

Get rid of Versteeg, please.