Change background image

2013-2014 Florida Panthers/NHL Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by gizmo, Sep 1, 2013.

1. yokofox33

yokofox33 lol desu

I watched Versteeg closely tonight... You're right. He's frigging terrible out there. The whole team is pretty terrible, but he stands out much more.
  2. We cannot keep falling behind. Great comebacks but I we need the two points.

When this team is rolling they can hang with anyone in the league.

The Gudas goal was not really Markstom's fault but he needs to stop f***ing spotting the other team a goal in the shootout.
  3. I knew Clemmensen was horrible in the shootout but he just took it to a new level.

And apparently hes not aware that Nicklas Backstrom does the same move every time.
  4. gizmo

gizmo RALLY, BITCH

The entire coaching staff was fired this morning.

[SIZE=12.727272033691406px]San Antonio coach Peter Horachek taking over as interim with [/SIZE]John Madden and Brian Skrudland as assistants.
  5. yokofox33

yokofox33 lol desu

Changes needed to be made. The team just sucks though, so I can't blame Dineen entirely. We need better players.
  6. Hotcorner

Hotcorner Teal Avenger .

this franchise...
  7. Hard to blame Dineen but the players were not resonding. It is their fault.

But sometimes hearing the same things, though it may not be wrong, just doesnt work for certain teams.

Either way, changes need to be made and we need to bring in a scorer as well.

Plenty of guys not pulling their weight and Viola clearly means business.

BUT COME ON GUYS WE NEED TO GET MORE ACTIVITY IN THIS THREAD. NOT JUST WHEN SOMEONE GETS FIRED.
  8. MrMarlinPride

MrMarlinPride Unsung Hero

I'm trying to go to a game when I go home for Thanksgiving break, tickets must be ridiculously cheap with who poorly they've been playing. Hoping they can pull off a few 2 or 3 game win streaks and at least try to compete for a playoff spot.
  9. Kris Versteeg and Philippe Lefevbre traded to the Blackhawks for Jimmy Hayes and Dylan Olsen.
    We are retaining half of Versteeg's salary.
    He has not been playing well but I dont really get this one.
  10. gizmo

gizmo RALLY, BITCH

What's not to get? He's been a liability on the ice for a while now. The return just shows what his value is right now, even at 50%. Good riddance.
  11. yokofox33

yokofox33 lol desu

Versteeg has been terrible. Glad he's gone.
  12. MrMarlinPride

Not a terrible return for Steeger but it would've been nice if they didn't have to still pay half his contract.
    Hayes is a pretty average forward nothing really pops out and Olsen is a solid body with a nice shot so hopefully he can help the Panthers awful defense. Both are still fairly young and just didn't have enough room in Chicago to be on the roster consistently.
  13. Mr. Man

Mr. Man Hammerhead

Yeah, Versteeg sucked. Glad he's gone.
  14. Dr Beinfest

Dr Beinfest Larry's Little Helper

Only thing that was horribly disappointing was that they're paying half of his salary.

You'd figure for a mild return... he'd be taken for free.
  15. MrMarlinPride

Don't look now but the Cats are red hot and only 3 points back of the 6th seed.
  16. mystikol87

mystikol87 Boom Shaka Laka VIP

False.
  17. MrMarlinPride

Yeah completely read the standing wrong. 6 points away from the 8th seed.

Just keep competing and playing hard and they might have a chance. Maybe Tallon makes another big move to try and get this team over the top.
  18. Erick

Erick Marlin

I think you're still reading them wrong.
  19. Dr Beinfest

Doubt he makes another move. The move was made to say "if you're underperforming you're gone." It was a classical "I don't care if you're a good player and the fans like you" a la David Booth.

Except this time he made the point that "I don't care if you're one of Tallon's boys, so long as you guys suck someone will be traded."

If this team is doing well, Tallon isn't dealing until the deadline or until it's clear we stand no chance at making it into the playoffs.
  20. Dr Beinfest

Oh and yes, you're still reading them wrong. Divisions are automatically seeded 1-6. By being placed 1-3 in your division, you earn a trip to the playoffs. Outside of that, the next two teams in the conference go to the playoffs.

That puts the Panthers 4 games/8 points out right now. They're behind the Maple Leafs (who we play tonight). There's also 5 teams between us and them. We have 1 game on hand. We need to get back to .500 before we consider anything is real.
    MrMarlinPride likes this.