Change background image

2013 Gold Glove Awards

Discussion in 'Major League Baseball' started by CRRaysHead90, Oct 29, 2013.

1. CRRaysHead90

CRRaysHead90 Rays Republic member

Winners announced!

WINNERS:

AL: Eric Hosmer 1B, Dustin Pedroia 2B, Manny Machado 3B, J. J. Hardy SS, Alex Gordon OF, Adam Jones OF, Shane Victorino OF, Salvador Perez C, R. A. Dickey P

NL: Paul Goldschmidt 1B, Brandon Phillips 2B, Nolan Arenado 3B, Andrelton Simmons SS, Carlos Gonzalez OF, Carlos Gomez OF, Gerardo Parra OF, Yadier Molina C, Adam Wainwright P

What do you think?

Call me a homer if you wish, and I know you will, but I think Yunel Escobar and James Loney were snubbed at SS and 1B respectively in the AL.
  2. Entendu

Entendu sXe

Adeiny was snubbed...
  3. el penguino

el penguino Marlin

#WARwhatisitgoodfor
  4. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

Arenado - little known name, but good god almighty he deserved this gold glove. Ridiculous at the hot corner.
  5. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

Hell of a rookie year...

BTW, no Trout? Interesting.
  6. Eddie Altamonte

Eddie Altamonte Hammerhead

Should have been Trout over Gordon I am also not so sure about Hardy at SS, Andrus is by far better glove Hardy can only dream of having that kind of range. It doesn't matter Iglesias will be starting his collection of Gold Gloves soon
  7. Erick

Erick Marlin

Adam Jones keeps winning for some reason.
  8. MiamiFan

MiamiFan Grasshopper

Iglesias...no doubt there.
  9. Procedo

Procedo Muckdog

Thought Darwin Barney should have won another Gold Glove, but overall a pretty solid list. Better than years past.
  10. Spike

Spike Hammerhead

This award has been meaningless for years. Derek Jeter having one (let alone 5) is a testament to this
  11. ...

... Sun

I nominate Spike to be the sole arbiter of who should receive Gold Glove awards.
  12. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

Damn, now Donovan Solano will never get one.
    4 people like this.
  13. 1 person likes this.
  14. Eddie Altamonte

Eddie Altamonte Hammerhead

great article it a shame Jeter has won most of the Gold Gloves with the range of a gnat
  15. Spike

Spike Hammerhead

Derek Jeter was, even in his prime, one of the worst defensive players in baseball at any position, let alone SS. In his best years he was just a shade over terrible. This has never been a secret.
  16. Erick

Erick Marlin

You're the best at exaggerating the truth.
  17. Spike

Spike Hammerhead

that's really not an exaggeration.
  18. Erick

Erick Marlin

Yes it f***ing is. You said he was one of the worst defensive players in baseball at any position in his prime. You're ridiculous.
  19. Spike

Spike Hammerhead

That article kind of supports that so, yeah. So did the one from like 7 years ago when it compared him to Adam Everett.
  20. el penguino

el penguino Marlin

It's a pretty dumb thing to say. UZR shows him as mostly being average to below average. Not even close to being worst in baseball at any position bad.