Change background image

2013 Postseason thread

Discussion in 'Major League Baseball' started by CRRaysHead90, Sep 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

Insurance run for the Rays.
  2. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

Tampa Bay moving on.

To the "real playoffs."
  3. CRRaysHead90

CRRaysHead90 Rays Republic member

RAYS WIN! BRING IT, BOSTON!
  4. Sirspud

Sirspud Sun

Now that the Rays have gotten through these sticky one game playoffs, I'm intrigued to see how they can do. I haven't heard much about what they are doing with starting pitching, but as long as Hellickson doesn't see the mound I really like their chances. My one complaint with Maddon is that I haven't always agreed with his playoff pitching choices, like running an ineffective James Shields out there in previous years. The Rays top 4 is more talented this year, with a good mix of extremely live arms like Price and Moore and stoppers who keep you off balance like Cobb. Their offense also seems to be more balanced and less hit or miss. The addition of a DH like Delmon Young for a short run really boosts their chances.
  5. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

Moore, Price, Cobb for the first 3 games vs Boston. Rays have their best going despite these elimination games.
  6. fanofthefish

fanofthefish The Grinch's Biggest Fan

Looks like we disagree again, how is Uggla a douchebag? He's not a great fielder but no one ever questioned his effort in his time in Miami.
  7. fanofthefish

fanofthefish The Grinch's Biggest Fan

Looks like we disagree again, how is Uggla a douchebag? He's not a great fielder but no one ever questioned his effort in his time in Miami.
  8. Erick

Erick Marlin

Delmon Young kinda sucks.
  9. Sirspud

Sirspud Sun

Except that he has been a postseason beast the last couple of years, and his power from the right side of the plate has the potential to help out a lot. There's no denying Young's career has been a huge disappointment from a guy billed as the best outfield prospect since Griffey Jr. (since surpassed by Bryce Harper), but he can contribute a lot in the short term and getting to play DH will take away one of his huge weaknesses.
  10. Guys does this mean Donovan Solano wouldn't of made the Braves post season roster???!? :blink:
  11. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

Beefcake = Required postseason spot. Wait was he beefcake? I forget now.
  12. squall

squall 8==========D VIP

Burnett on the mound.
  13. squall

squall 8==========D VIP

He looks terrible.
  14. squall

squall 8==========D VIP

7 runs in one inning. I don't know why they left Burnett in so long.
  15. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

Big mistake letting the game get out of hand before taking AJ out.
  16. squall

squall 8==========D VIP

Pirates on the board.

Need moar runs.
  17. Vince0926

Vince0926 Hammerhead

I think oakland beats St. Louis. Anyone doing the mlb.com bracket challenge?
  18. CRRaysHead90

CRRaysHead90 Rays Republic member

I am. Here's mine:

[​IMG]
  19. Hotcorner

Hotcorner Teal Avenger .

I see the Braves are in postseason form...
    1 person likes this.
  20. squall

squall 8==========D VIP

When the braves are swept I will be so happy
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.