Change background image

2014 Lineup Projections

Discussion in 'Miami Marlins' started by Wild Card, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

1. Yelich LF
    2. Furcal 2B
    3. Stanton RF
    4. Morrison 1B
    5. Saltalamacchia C
    6. Ozuna CF
    7. Dietrich 3B
    8. Hechavarria SS

Anybody else? Thoughts?
  2. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

I had Ozuna and Salty switched, but yeah.
  3. Mr. Baller

Mr. Baller Muckdog

Agreed with this. Although I really hope we get a better 3B then Dietrich
  4. Erick

Erick Marlin

Pretty bad
    pollyvonwog likes this.
  5. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

It's not gonna be good, of course, but I think better than the majority of last year, at least.
    Then again, that's not very difficult.
  6. Erick

Erick Marlin

Exactly
  7. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

Eh, they play more than one game, so Red will figure it out. Same lineup, really.
  8. squall

squall 8==========D VIP

Needs more Juan Pierre. Maybe a first ballot hall of famer like aramis Ramirez at 3b.
    pollyvonwog and mrchainsaw like this.
  9. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

This lineup will be as good as the question marks. I don't think many of us are worried about Yelich, Furcal has generally been consistent, Stanton is a star, Salty has been OK.

The question marks need to perform. If they do, this could be an average offense, and with our pitching that's fine. But Dietrich and Ozuna need to post .700-.800 OPS, and LoMo needs to be .800+. A lot of things have to go right, but you never know.
  10. Vince0926

Vince0926 Hammerhead

I have a feeling we are going to get uribe.
  11. Erick

Erick Marlin

It might have potential for some upside. Too bad this organization doesn't know what a good platoon is. Starters play every day even if they're mediocre!
  12. Mr. Baller

Mr. Baller Muckdog

Think they will go that way too. Him or Chavez would be my guess.
  13. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

A platoon is two or more squads.
  14. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

Did you just admit our team has potential upside!?
    You guys are crazy if you think the Marlins are going to spend money on a player that will require a major league contract if they feel they already have someone that can fill the role internally. Even if they aren't convinced Dietrich is the answer, they aren't going to pay anybody else as insurance.
  15. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

Actually, I think this is exactly what the Furcal signing is.
  16. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

Not if the headlines are true that Furcal was signed with the intent to be our everyday second baseman.
  17. Erick

Erick Marlin

This team would be more fun if they platooned every infield position (excluding SS I guess since we live and die with Hechavarria there, unfortunately).

But seriously though, sign a cheap right-handed 1B/OF type of guy to platoon with Morrison. Platoon Dietrich/Furcal at 2B. Sign an Eric Chavez type bat and platoon him with Ed Lucas at 3B. Those platoons could provide decent enough production, and then you hope Stanton has a superstar type year and the pitching remains steady. It probably wouldn't be terrible.
  18. Anonymous

Anonymous Sun

Don't want Furcal, Hech or Morrison starting. Ozuna needs to be in the minor leagues.
  19. Anonymous

Anonymous Sun

Could platoon Ruggiano, too. With Garret Jones.
  20. Erick

Erick Marlin

I agree with this too.

I'd let Ozuna have another year in the minors and let Yelich play CF. I'd sign a Garrett Jones type bat and platoon him with Ruggiano in LF. Platoon the whole f***ing team.
    pollyvonwog likes this.