Change background image

2014 Lineup Projections

Discussion in 'Miami Marlins' started by Wild Card, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Entendu

Entendu sXe

I really hope they don't sign Uribe to anything more than a 1 or 2 year deal. Who really believes he's going to repeat last season, or even half of that, for the remainder of the contract. If he's a 2 WAR player 2 years from now, I would be surprised.
  2. el penguino

el penguino Marlin

Too bad Coghlan won't be around anymore to put all of the hitters in the lineup in their natural places.
    squall and pollyvonwog like this.
  3. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

1. Yelich
    2. Furcal
    3. Youkilis
    4. Stanton
    5. Saltalamacchia
    6. Ruggiano platooning with either Garrett Jones or Jason Kubel
    7. Morrison
    8. Hechavarria

Ozuna and Dietrich in AAA at the start of the season.
  4. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

That's what Furcal is for silly.
  5. el penguino

el penguino Marlin

You left me with the impression that only Chris Coghlan could have that weight on his shoulders.
  6. Mr. Baller

Mr. Baller Muckdog

Ozuna will be in the majors
  7. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

I wouldn't be so sure about that. He started like a ball of fire until the pitchers got a book on him.
  8. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

Ozuna will be given every chance to win the job in ST. It's his to lose.
  9. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

I'm fine with Ozuna in the Majors or back in AA/AAA. Either works for me.

However, this Jones signing kinda puts a damper on my lineup idea. :lol
  10. jsprt05

jsprt05 Hammerhead

I believe Furcal will bat 1st

If you look at his career....Furcal has led off about 90% of the games he has started.
  11. I was thinking this too, not so much for Furcal but for how it should put Yelich in a better spot in the order.
  12. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

I think at this point Yelich should be leading off, give him as many AB's as humanly possible. Furcal hit leadoff most of his career as an elite player, which he no longer is. However he doesn't K much, he's a switch hitter, and an excellent bunter with good speed. All these things point to a productive #2 hitter.
  13. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

It looks like we finally agree on something Wild Card.
  14. el penguino

el penguino Marlin

You are leaving out the main ingredient--he doesn't get on base much anymore. He put up a .314 OBP in his last two seasons of play. His speed is also a fraction of what it used to be.

At this point he's more of a true bottom of the order hitter, not a productive number 2 hitter.
  15. jsprt05

jsprt05 Hammerhead

I'm not saying Furcal should leadoff lol
  16. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

He's the best thing we have.
  17. MrMarlinPride

MrMarlinPride Unsung Hero

Still have LoMo for now. However the lefty lefty thing a top of the order isn't always the best option.
  18. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

Furcal being a switch-hitter nullifies that, methinks. I'm never a fan of two straight lefties, myself, unless they're the best two hitters on the team and batting 3/4. Even then, eh.

I guess the lineup for now could be, assuming Morrison IS dealt:

LF Yelich
    2B Furcal
    RF Stanton
    CF Ozuna
    C Saltalamacchia
    1B Jones/Canha/Lucas/Whatever
    3B Dietrich/Lucas/Whatever
    SS Hech
    Pitcher

1B and 3B platoons, I suppose!

On the flip side, if we decide to let Ozuna/Marisnick get more MiLB time, platoon Jones in left, and keep LoMo, then ...

CF Yelich
    2B Furcal
    RF Stanton
    1B Morrison
    C Salty/LF Ruggiano
    LF Jones/C Salty
    3B Dietrich/Lucas
    SS Hech
    Pitcher

Right side of the slash = vs lefties ... even though Dietrich did hit lefties somewhat OK.
  19. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

Furcal is a switch hitter, so that's actually a positive, not a negative. The only reason you don't want to bat lefties next to each other is for lefty/lefty match up purposes, and since Furcal can just move into the other batters box in that event, no big deal.
  20. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

I think Furcal is going to be a solid #2 hitter for the Marlins. .275 with 30 stolen bases if he can stay healthy.