Change background image

3/18 Marlins vs. Astros

Discussion in 'Game Threads' started by RossInfoMan, Mar 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RossInfoMan

RossInfoMan The Info Mod

[​IMG] at [​IMG]
    Listen to the game live here: Live Broadcast
    Starting pitchers: Mark Redman vs. Jarred Fernandez
  2. RossInfoMan

RossInfoMan The Info Mod

After 1 inning, Marlins lead 2-0.
    Castillo got on with a walk, stole second. Lee then drove him in with a single to center that got through Biggio's legs, allowing Lee to go to third. Lee then scored on a wild pitch.
  3. minus

minus Hammerhead

I love having Castillo and Pierre .These two guys are going to give headach to opposing pitchers and catchers...
  4. RossInfoMan

RossInfoMan The Info Mod

Through 2 innings, Redman is pitching very well. He has been hitting the corners and using his changeup effectively.
  5. RossInfoMan

RossInfoMan The Info Mod

4-0 Marlins after 3.
    Marlins got three straight doubles by Pudge, Lee, and Encarnacion, all with 2 outs. Redman has retired 6 straight batters and has only allowed one hit in 3 innings.
  6. Hotcorner

Hotcorner Teal Avenger .

Seems like Arnsberg has been up nights trying to figure out what was wrong with Big Red's delivery. Looks like he might have gotten him straightened out!

I agree Minus. Look how easy that run was. Walk, steal, RBI single.

Ball went through Biggio's legs, eh? That move to center field might not be as easy as he thought, lol.
  7. RossInfoMan

RossInfoMan The Info Mod

Another 1-2-3 inning from Redman. Hes now retired 9 straight and allowed 1 hit through 4 innings. So far, he has lowered his spring ERA from 14.09 to 9.26.
  8. Ramp

Ramp Hammerhead

good job Red... keep it up
  9. RossInfoMan

RossInfoMan The Info Mod

Great game by Redman. His day is most likely done after pitching 5 scoreless innings, only allowing 2 hits. His new spring ERA: 8.53.
    4-0 Marlins going to the bottom of the 5th.
  10. RossInfoMan

RossInfoMan The Info Mod

Castillo walks and steals second for the second time in the game.
    Pierre hits a shot to the pitcher, Castillo gets caught in a rundown, but stays in it long enough for Pierre to get to second.
    Pudge singles in Pierre.
    Lee singles.
    Encarnacion lines out to right.
    Martin walks to load the bases.
    Cabrera hits into a fielders choice.
    5-0 Marlins after 5.
  11. Ramp

Ramp Hammerhead

5-0 Fish after 5
  12. Ramp

Ramp Hammerhead

*Great Start by Redman.... Spooney is in.....
  13. Hotcorner

Hotcorner Teal Avenger .

I know it's only spring training, but it's great to see the offense putting up runs. It's not like Jared Fernandez is that good, but they beat up on Woody Williams and Danny Graves yesterday, this is all good for the team's confidence going into the season.

Oh yeah, & nice work Redman.
  14. Hotcorner

Hotcorner Teal Avenger .

5-3 now in the top of the 8th....
  15. Ramp

Ramp Hammerhead

6-5 astros top 9
  16. Hotcorner

Hotcorner Teal Avenger .

grrrr....who blew it? Loop, Neal, AA, and Spooney were all scheduled to pitch.
  17. Malman

Malman Hammerhead

Who blew it? Another rough outing for Spooney?

I too am excited by the prospects of our offense. The production has been good - and most of it without Mike Lowell.

Can't wait for the season to start.

Cabrera looks to be the real deal. I'm with Ramp - move him back to short - why not groom him to replace Alex?
  18. RossInfoMan

RossInfoMan The Info Mod

Marlins lose 9-5.
    Spooney gave up two unearned runs. Then, Nunez and Almanza gave up a lot of runs. I think those were the only pitchers today.
  19. Das Texan

Das Texan Classic. .

for starting pitchers.....

ignore what you have seen previously....

starting this week you will see pitchers start to gear it up getting ready for the season.
  20. Malman

Malman Hammerhead

Nunez is a bum. I hope he is traded before the season starts. I'd love to see him moved to SD for one of the young arms Edcane mentioned.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.