Change background image

40 Man additions

Discussion in 'Miami Marlins' started by fanofthefish, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Eddie Altamonte

Eddie Altamonte Hammerhead

Smolinski may not be a Marlin anymore He is a F/A as well. I think Petersen has a better chance being resigned than Smolinski does... he has been a huge disappointment throughout his tenure in the Marlin's organization
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  2. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

The way this off season is going, Coghlan will be our starting third baseman.
  3. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

That's actually exactly why I think Peterson leaves and Smolinski is still here. Petey could probably get a job in the majors, Smolinski probably doesn't have a ton of teams calling him...
  4. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

Petersen won't get a major league contact from anyone but he theoretically could break camp with a team if he had a great Spring. Still in all likelihood, he's headed to AAA somewhere and it's very unlikely that it's in New Orleans.
  5. Erick

Erick Marlin

I hope he is our 3B next year considering that we're interested in Yuniesky f***ing Betancourt instead.
  6. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

You're absolutely right, he won't get a ML contract. But I think he'll sign a minor league deal and depending on where he ends up he could break camp in the majors. I actually think he could be a really good player in the right ballpark, and would be a solid find for whoever gives him a shot. I hate losing useful players for nothing.
    I would take Coghs over many of the options being discussed. I'd still prefer a Trumbo/Middlebrooks/etc but he wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for a stop gap.
  7. FutureGM

FutureGM All Star

Petersen is probably some team's NRI to ST.
  8. Piazza31

Piazza31 Pr*ck

I can see Peterson possibly breaking camp with the Astros or Rockies.
  9. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

Both would be good fits for him.
  10. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

WHO is Peterson?!
  11. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

Yeah, guys, it's PetersEn
  12. Piazza31

Piazza31 Pr*ck

You put the E in EnormousRichard.

WhoGAS what his name is, it certainly isn't Dan Uggla.

j/k :)
  13. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

I have an enormous Richard.
    He's 6'8 and weighs 560 pounds.
  14. fanofthefish

fanofthefish The Grinch's Biggest Fan

Petersen and Smolinski have both signed with the Rangers
  15. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

Adios amigos.
    pollyvonwog likes this.
  16. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

Would have loved to keep Peterson, but Rangers are a good fit if he can make the team. Smolinski is minor league depth I guess.