Change background image

9/28 - Nationals vs Marlins - 4:10

Discussion in 'Game Threads' started by I Love Me Some Fish, Sep 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Love Me Some Fish

I Love Me Some Fish 2013 = year of the fish?

The day has finally came.

After today, no more football stadium, no more rubber warning track, no more crappy fields, no more Teal Tower, no more orange seats, and no more rain delays.

Goodbye Joe Robbie Stadium
    [​IMG]

Goodbye Pro Player Stadium
    [​IMG]

Goodbye Dolphin Stadium
    [​IMG]

Goodbye Landshark Stadium
    [​IMG]

And goodbye Sun Life Stadium
    [​IMG]

So I bring to you today a match-up between the phenom Stephen Strasburgh (0-1, 2.00 ERA) and who some call the phailnom Chris Volstad (5-12, 4.96 ERA).

So who will hit the last homerun in this stadium? Will there be the patented Sun Life rain delay? Who will pull off the final number? Tune in at 4:10, you gotta be there!
  2. Hollyberry

Hollyberry All Star

I am not sure if I am happy or sad about today. Not sure if I can handle the name Miami Marlins, but I will continue to call them Florida Marlins :)
    1 person likes this.
  3. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

Not going to lie. It's a bit sad for this to be the last game ever at Sun Life. Despite it not being perfect for baseball, I have a lot of memories there and I will miss the place. It's also hard to believe they will never be the Florida Marlins again and I wish they'd wear the original jerseys and caps one last time today.
  4. Hollyberry

Hollyberry All Star

Ditto x 10. So many wonderful memories to "forget".

:crying
  5. Orlando Rays

Orlando Rays Always bringing the :mischief

In good times and bad, Florida Marlins forever.
  6. MarlinKidd101

MarlinKidd101 Don't Read This.

I hope Pudge starts.
  7. BrowardPB

BrowardPB Grasshopper

You forgot two. Pro Player Park and Dolphins Stadium. :D

Yeah, gonna miss the tailgating, the open and airy feel with a slight breeze no matter where you are (except the club level inside), and the relaxing mood of a day game under the sun.

And now it's gone.

So while I'll be there Opening Day to welcome the Miami Marlins, I have this feeling it won't be so much to cheer on the new team...but to remind myself that the Florida Marlins had their small place in history, a 19-year storied journey with highs and lows that has been relegated to the past.

It certainly won't feel like home, and as Loria expects us to see it as a new franchise, that just might be what he gets. But I know one thing's for sure: I'll be a Florida Marlins fan for life.

Good luck with your Miami Marlins.
  8. Hotcorner

Hotcorner Teal Avenger .

holy crap I didn't even think about this. why the hell wouldn't they bring out the original unis for this game? that would rock.

probably don't want to get anyone thinking about teal....
  9. Hollyberry

Hollyberry All Star

Not sure if I am going to handle this post-game video :crying. I wish they would have kept Florida Marlins or their colors. I feel like I have to follow a brand new team :(.
  10. HitDaCycle

HitDaCycle Ghost

The End is near! It will definitely be strange next year but still, can't wait...
  11. Hollyberry

Hollyberry All Star

Does anyone know if the post-game celebration will be posted on the FSN website? I dont have a way to tape it.
  12. Matty

Matty Till we have built Jerusalem...

For many it will continue to be a state team and not a city team. Florida it will always be to me.

Wish Javy pitched tonight and not last night, would have been a fitting send off after a magnificent half season from him.
  13. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

14. MARLIN BURGER

MARLIN BURGER Muckdog

Volstad i know u stink but dont bleep up this last game please
  15. HitDaCycle

HitDaCycle Ghost

16. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

:tissue
  17. HitDaCycle

HitDaCycle Ghost