Change background image

Beer is my friend.

Discussion in 'Outfield' started by Bradcore, Mar 6, 2007.

1. mystikol87

mystikol87 Boom Shaka Laka VIP

Firestone Walker Sucaba 2013 was absolutely drool-worthy. Lawson's Double Sunshine was probably the best IPA I've had, too.
  2. JetsMania

JetsMania Hammerhead

I'm thinking about stocking up on Sucaba. Its all over the place here in RI. Parabola should be out soon, so I'll nab as many as I can.

Have a Mother of All Storms and Heady Topper on deck for tonight.
    1 person likes this.
  3. mystikol87

I actually preferred Sucaba to Parabola, despite that I prefer stouts to barleywines. Both are very well made, exceptional beers, though. Absolutely worth a try.
  4. Hotcorner

Hotcorner Teal Avenger .

Terrapin Hopsecutioner and Evil Genius IPA are next on the list.
  5. mystikol87

I'm going to Seattle, Portland, and Vancouver this week, so I'm going to have some fun. Hair of the Dog rare stuff at the tasting room, Cantillons on the shelf in Vancouver, and delicious local stuff in POrtland and Seatlle. Plus I set up a couple of in-person trades for stuff like [more] Sucaba and Block 15 Pappy's Dark.
  6. JetsMania

JetsMania Hammerhead

If you get shut out on Sucaba, let me know. There are several stores around me that have 10+ bottles. Some still have XVI in case you are looking for that.
  7. mystikol87

Thanks, bud. I'm moving up to NYC, so hopefully we'll get to hang out at some point!
  8. The_Godfather

The_Godfather Hammerhead

This is a cool thread. I just moved to North Carolina (first time out of Florida in my life) and discovered a gem of a beer I guess they only sell here called Red Oak. mmmmm. I think I'm hooked and Jetsmania makes me thirsty!
    1 person likes this.
  9. poptart

poptart Hungover

10. mystikol87

Where in NC? Foothills and Olde Hickory are great local brands.
  11. The_Godfather

The_Godfather Hammerhead

Funny, I made my post without even noticing you were in NC. I just moved to Cary. Ill check those beers out, thanks for heads up! Red Oak has such a simple, clean taste though, really like it.
  12. Hotcorner

Hotcorner Teal Avenger .

13. PhxPhin

PhxPhin Hammerhead

two weeks ago I was at work on a Friday, get a call from my wife that one of our friends is bringing her kids over for dinner, swimming, etc.

later in the day I get a call from our friend and she is at the booze store, was going to grab something for me to drink and was completely overwhelmed ....... I get much the same way and I usually know what I want

given that it was hot out and I was more interested in type than brand I threw out a couple styles ...... she couldn't find them in the sea of beer

so I switched up and threw out a couple brands and said grab anything by them and it will most likely be worth a try ......... with that knowledge she starts talking with the budweiser distributor (her husband works for the same distributor) and he leads her to a 4 pack of Oskar Blues TenFidy

Imperial Stout isn't exactly my pool beer of choice - but I enjoyed the world out of this beer ........ so good ....... I had the 1st can that night, but chose to slow play the other 3 as the opportunity came up ........ highly recommend it for fans of the style (my wife and her friend both took a taste and the reaction was somewhere between hate and disbelief that someone would drink a whole glass of it)
  14. mystikol87

Funny, I made my post without even noticing you were in NC. I just moved to Cary. Ill check those beers out, thanks for heads up! Red Oak has such a simple, clean taste though, really like it.

I only tasted it once at a restaurant, and I'm pretty sure they had dirty taps, as I really didn't enjoy it. Definitely willing to revisit, though. Shoot me a message if you're interested in coming to a tasting some time over the next few months. I hang out with a few dudes on occasion.
  15. mystikol87

Not sure what is up with all these ........s. That said, that beer is super excellent. One of my favorite non-barrel-aged stouts, for sure.
  16. JetsMania

JetsMania Hammerhead

Ten Fidy is very good. See if you can find Sierra Nevada Narwhal, which I like a little better. Thirsty Dog Siberian night is a great value stout.

The Barrel Aged stout is a different beast all together.
  17. JetsMania

JetsMania Hammerhead

The Godfather!!! I haven't seen you around in years.
  18. Hotcorner

Hotcorner Teal Avenger .

Sierra Nevada's Celebration is available, really good seasonal IPA if you haven't tried it before. I don't love all their offerings but this has been a favorite. Just picked up a 6 last night, hard to beat that for $8.50. Hops so fresh I had to bump the thread. Yum.
    mystikol87 likes this.
  19. Bradcore

Bradcore Captain Awesome

JetsMania and mystikol87 like this.
  20. mystikol87

I grabbed a 6'er of Celebration the other day, as well. Just last night went to a local bar that had a Bruery tap takeover. I got on draft Melange No. 3, Humulus Lager, and Or Xata. They also had Kuhnhenn Double Rice IPA, which was awesome.