Change background image

Beer is my friend.

Discussion in 'Outfield' started by Bradcore, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Had Funky Buddha Hop Gun the other day. It was yummy.
    mystikol87 likes this.
  2. Das Texan

Das Texan Classic. .

I dont know most of these east coast brands of beer.

Been drinking my father in law's home brew stuff (that I help with sometimes) or a couple of buddies here in Texas own breweries, been drinking their stuff.

Ran across a fun beer from the Watasch Brewery recently (Ghostrider, though out of season to drink now by and large) and some stuff from both Southern California and Oregon.

Good stuff.

Nothing beats drinking real beer and not that crap thats always advertised on tv.
  3. mystikol87

mystikol87 Boom Shaka Laka VIP

Jester King is a Texas brewery that is very well-regarded. I had a limited release from Freetail Brewing (also in Texas) called Ananke that was a delicious sour, too.
  4. JetsMania

JetsMania Hammerhead

Sierra Nevada might be my favorite brewery in terms of the amount of good offerings they put out. Celebration, Narwhal, Bigfoot, Pale Ale, Torpedo, Harvest Ale, etc... Not only is all of their beer really good, its priced well and relatively accessible for everywhere.
  5. JetsMania

JetsMania Hammerhead

How was Melange No 3?

I had Chocolate Rain a few weeks ago and thought it was good, just a little sweet. I have a Grey Monday coming in trade, so I'm excited for that.
  6. mystikol87

I'm not the biggest Melange 3 fan, but it's growing on me. I've had it like 4 times now, and I've ticked up my rating from like a 2/5 to a 3.3-ish. (I try to curve strictly to a 3 average.)

I LOVED Chocolate Rain. One of my favorite beers ever. I thought it outclassed Black Tuesday at a side-by-side. We had Melange 3 there, too, which I easily ranked 3rd out of the 3 in that group. Grey Monday sounds awesome.

I'm going to Vermont on Friday. Woot!
  7. JetsMania

JetsMania Hammerhead

Nice! Don't bother stopping at Alchemist...

I'm going to try and get another bottle of Chocolate Rain and do a Black Tuesday, Grey Monday, and Chocolate Rain tasting.
  8. mystikol87

We didn't! But I did get a 4-pack at a local shop. What an awesome trip. Then last night we went to a tasting and had Rare, Bourbon County Vanilla, Pappy Black Magick (tops of the night for me, just absurd), Chocolate Rain, Life is Like, Barrel Aged Speedway, and more. It was nuts.
  9. JetsMania

JetsMania Hammerhead

Killer tasting. I'll have to read up about Pappy Black Magick to see what that is.

I had Kopi Barrel Aged Speedway a week ago and it was one of the best beers of the year for sure.
    mystikol87 likes this.