Change background image

Brandon Marshall to the Dolphins for two 2nd rounders

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by JetsMania, Apr 14, 2010.

1. JetsMania

JetsMania Hammerhead

In the Jets case, it would have been their first rounder. That first rounder is a mystery, but the $7.99 represents the contract plus the first round pick. The $1.89 represents just a 5th rounder.

Had the Jets not been able to get Holmes, I would be upset.
  2. Anonymous

Anonymous Sun

What if you had both?
  3. dim

dim President of the Robert Andino Fan Club.

You'd be very very drunk.
  4. JetsMania

JetsMania Hammerhead

You beat me to it!

If the Jets didnt have Cotchery and Edwards, I'd say go for the trappist.
  5. yankeefan21

yankeefan21 Hammerhead

*GRAVE DIG*

So here it is 1 year later. What do you guys think of the Marshall trade now?

Also, hello again.
  6. Entendu

Entendu sXe

Dolphins will forever suck.
  7. Anonymous

Anonymous Sun

I'm still glad we did it.
  8. I Love Me Some Fish

I Love Me Some Fish 2013 = year of the fish?

1 year later? Hmmm, he had a decent year despite playing with an average (at best) QB and a senile OC. I don't mind the trade.
  9. Dr Beinfest

Dr Beinfest Larry's Little Helper

Yeah, let's not commit thread necromancy.

1 year later. Yeah, awesome deal. Shows that the Dolphins have an urgency to commit to the team ASAP. Now they need to do the same thing with a legitimate QB.
  10. mystikol87

mystikol87 Boom Shaka Laka VIP

2 2nd rounders for 3 TDs? Meh. Going Ditka doth not an awesome deal maketh, at at least prima facie, and this is similar enough.
  11. Anonymous

Anonymous Sun

Yea. The asshole just couldn't throw enough touchdowns to himself.

Also, sorry, but I didn't understand anything after Meh.
  12. mystikol87

He had similar numbers to Davone Bess (a few less catches and yards, but 2 fewer TDs), so it's not entirely on Henne.

The other part was referring to Dr. B, whose words implied that it was awesome because it showed the Dolphins were "going for it." And I don't think that's a good criteria for a trade at all, because that criteria could allow a lot of awful trades to be awesome.
  13. Anonymous

Anonymous Sun

Why does it matter that he had similar numbers to Bess? And I didn't say it was all on Henne. Henning's playcalling didn't help, especially in the RZ where he would call fades to Hartline, not Marshall. So, it was a combination of Henne plus Henning.

14. Dr Beinfest

Dr Beinfest Larry's Little Helper

THREAD NECROMANCY!
  15. I Love Me Some Fish

I Love Me Some Fish 2013 = year of the fish?

The Dolphins were lacking a #1 receiver. They trade for Marshall, who has had 3 straight 100 catch/yards (?) seasons. I don't see the problem, especially after just one (ONE!) season.
  16. Erick

Erick Marlin

Brandon Marshall's presence helps Davone Bess, as well.
  17. Anonymous

Anonymous Sun

This is a good point. He didn't just help Bess, either. He opened up things for this Dolphins offense. Henne just didn't deliver the football well enough.
  18. TheUFO

TheUFO Muckdog

I think this trade will end up being a good thing. Sure, Brandon didn't have a good season last year, but I think that if there is a season this year, he will do just fine!
  19. mystikol87

There's no problem. But I don't see it as an "awesome" deal, at least not yet. They gave up a bounty, especially when you compare what veterans tend to get traded for recently, and also the enormous contract they had to give him.
  20. Anonymous

Anonymous Sun

I don't think it's ever going to be an awesome deal. I expect him to put up great numbers for the next 4 years, but we gave up a lot to get him. It's a fair trade.

If anyone cares, the Broncos traded the second round pick in 2010, along with a third and fourth, to the Ravens, who drafted Sergio Kindle. The Broncos drafted Tim Tebow.