Change background image

Braves are moving

Discussion in 'Major League Baseball' started by Larry, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

To Cobb County and a brand new stadium in 2017.

Short life for Turner
  2. Vince0926

Vince0926 Hammerhead

I've been to turner field like 4 or 5 times. Nothing to see here, folks. Won't be missed.
  3. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

I went there once, for the 2000 ASG. It wasn't bad but it was almost brand new at that point.
  4. Fish4Life

Fish4Life Do you bleed Marlins Baseball?

Turner not a bad park, pretty basic. Lease is up for the Braves in 2016. Smart move. Turner will be 21 years old in 2017.
  5. el penguino

el penguino Marlin

Replacing a park that was constructed for the 1996 season seems kind of crazy to me. Why can't they just make some massive renovations? I've never been to Turner Field but I've never really heard anything bad about it.
  6. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

They want to change areas apparently.
  7. gizmo

gizmo RALLY, BITCH

8. Benched

Benched Hammerhead

9. squall

squall 8==========D VIP

Where is all the news about how taxpayers blah blah blah?
  10. curveball

curveball Grasshopper

Because they actually have a real economy in Atlanta. Miami on the other hand is the worst ratio rich to poor economy in MLB.
  11. FloridaMarlinsForever

FloridaMarlinsForever Your gonna need a bigger boat

I dont understand, whats wrong with turner stadium, how about saving some money instead of all the waste, When I lived in America I could never understand why so many people got rid of something for the most petty reason. I like Turner S, the place has another 50 years of life left :confused:
  12. MrMarlinPride

MrMarlinPride Unsung Hero

Cobb county is a huge baseball centered area so smart move by the Braves. East Cobb hold one of the biggest baseball tournaments every year for travel ball.