Change background image

Breaking Bad

Discussion in 'Outfield' started by Iowa, Sep 19, 2011.

1. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

Plot twist - everything becomes reality, Vince Gilligan waits until the final episode ends to unleash the REAL Heisenberg.

Get ready for 99.1% purity blue sky meth, guys!
  2. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

Less than two hours to go. Get those final predictions in.
  3. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

Holly White will lay in her crib, doing baby stuff.
  4. Entendu

Entendu sXe

On top of my previous prediction, Lydia will put a hit out on Skyler, and Marie will keep the kids. Or Marie dies.

I hope Skyler dies. I hate Skyler.
  5. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

Right!
  6. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

7. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

Great perfect finale
  8. dim

dim President of the Robert Andino Fan Club.

You knew he wasn't going to kill Jesse. Once you saw the slightest sign of Walter White at that bar you knew that this show couldn't end that callously.

I feel like Walt's intention when going to the Nazi's place was to kill Jesse. But then he saw Jesse in chains, being used like a lab rat. It reminded Walt that Jesse deserved a second chance at living life. That's the reason we saw the woodworking scene that Jesse mentioned previously in another episode. It was to show that while Jesse has been through some serious s***, there is a chance at redemption for him. He'll never be able to move on from everything that's happened to him, but he can try. That box he built showed the potential that Jesse once exhibited. At that age, Jesse could've become anything and succeeded at anything. The life he chose led him to that meth lab he was being forced to cook in.

Now that he's free, he can TRY to do something with his life that will make it meaningful. Walt got redemption from the fact that he died doing one last good deed (saving Jesse), and he also thinks he gave he finally provided for his family (although in reality that money would NEVER make it to his family). He looks at the meth lab in the end and is reminded of where he feels he belongs. He made his name making the blue meth. He went from doing mind numbing jobs as a teacher and at the car wash to being the top dog he wished he'd have become at Grey Matter, but now it's in the meth business. He died with his legacy, and the blue meth is now off the market now that he has died. While it would've been symbolic for him to die of the cancer, Walt wanted to go out on his own terms. He wanted to live life on his own terms.

In the end, Walt's actions have led Skyler into debt and probably jail (I doubt the lotto ticket with the coordinates will stop her from getting jail time in such a massive scheme. She'll likely still do 3-5 at least), Holly grows up without a father, and Walter Jr. grows up resenting the father he previously respected for the rest of his life.

The moral of the story kids is don't get involved in drugs.

See you all in "Better Call Saul"!
  9. dim

The only thing that I feel would've added to the finale is if Walt didn't die by a freak bullet. I wish everything would've gone the same, but Walt doesn't get hit by the bullets from the machine gun. After everything goes down, Walt goes to his car and pulls up the back seat cushion and takes out the gun that he used to try and kill himself from the pilot (the one where he accidently left the safety on). He looks at the gun, sheds a tear and looks as if to quickly think about all that has led up to this moment, turns the safety off on the gun, and then we see him shoot himself (from a distance, but clear enough that we see him fall).

But I'm not going to question the vision of Vince Gilligan and his excellent team of writers. This was there vision, and that vision was executed to perfection. Amazing show with a fitting ending. This was never going to have a happy ending. Just about everyone died and Jesse is off on the streets with no money and no idea where he is heading in life. Breaking Bad is a Shakespearean Tragedy, and in this story Walt is Hamlet.
  10. gizmo

gizmo RALLY, BITCH

One of the few satisfying series finales.

I has a sad.
  11. dim

Random thing but I still hold that the fourth season of Breaking Bad was the best season of television I have ever witnessed. If this show ended after the episode "Face Off" I wouldn't have been disappointed in the least.
  12. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

How do we know Jesse isn't stopped by the hoard of cops?

And what happened to Huell?!
  13. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

14. gizmo

gizmo RALLY, BITCH

I'd watch it. Once.
  15. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

I'd watch every episode 50 times.
  16. Entendu

Entendu sXe

I didn't like the finale at all. Walt's goodbye stroll across town was kind of anti-climactic and they played the ricin up so much throughout the series that it was a total waste to use it on Lydia (who Walt already tried to use it on.) I guess Jesse's end was fine and that woodshop box dream scene was one of the greatest things I've ever seen. Outside of that, I think just about every theory I've seen on the internet would've gone better (besides the Walt-changes-identity-and-it's-all-a-prequel-to-Malcolm-In-the-Middle crap joke ones.)
  17. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

What about the Jesse's ending sets up for the Need for Speed spinoff line? Only saw that 10 times so far.
  18. Entendu

Entendu sXe

I've never heard that one, but that's even worse than Malcolm lol
  19. Eddie Altamonte

Eddie Altamonte Hammerhead

Actually Walt got Skyler off the hook with his phone call when he took Baby Holly, her legal problems was more speculative than anything that could be proved, The reality is that 2 DEA agents were missing and presumed dead and the DA's office was pressuring to resolve this and they couldn't get to Walt directly, however they could get to him through Skyler. However with the matter of the bodies being found and Walt dead, there was little left for the Justice Dept to go after...Skyler was no longer of relevance, I doubt they could get any kind of conviction of the money laundering or pin her with any discernible role in the criminal enterprise.. The case was dead with the death of Heizenberg!
  20. Hotcorner

Hotcorner Teal Avenger .

agreed, satisfying end. Very happy for Todd there.