Change background image

Gio Gonzalez to Nationals

Discussion in 'Major League Baseball' started by Jokersgoon, Nov 21, 2011.

1. MARLIN BURGER

MARLIN BURGER Muckdog

Is it hard to say what i said because they are cheap
  2. True, but Cogs would be in left and Boni in center. Just makes more sense because Boni has the better arm and can cover more ground. But quite frankly, I doubt Cogs plays a major role for the team next year. I could see him getting shipped out in a package as an MLB ready player with potential to regain his 2009 ROY form.
  3. PurpleHaze

PurpleHaze Social Assassin

I don't really see Cogz in the mix. Granted nobody out there wants him, I don't see him being an everyday player on the big league level.
  4. if we have to rely on coghlan next year then we have a problem.

i would hope they take gaby, dominguez, james, ozuna, and rasmussen.

thats a pretty good package.
  5. dim

dim President of the Robert Andino Fan Club.

My guess would be Morrison, Bonifacio, and Hand.
  6. Entendu

Entendu sXe

I think we could get Gio without giving up LoMo (and Yelich probably). It'll deplete our farm system substantially, but I think it can be done.

Part of me (my nationalistic pride side) wants to see Gio Gonzalez, Gaby Sanchez, Yoenis Cespedes and Matt Dominguez in the same team though.
  7. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 The Almighty

Idk why they would do it for Gaby if LoMo can play first, is younger, and left handed...
  8. Old Timer

Old Timer Hammerhead

I could see that. But to get rid of Gaby kind of screws up the whole "building a local brand" thing out of the water. If you could trade LoMo, Petersen & Yelich, do you think that would do it ?
  9. Entendu

Entendu sXe

That would definitely do it - but we're giving up too much.
  10. squall

squall 8==========D VIP

And we wouldnt have anyone to play first... unless pujols.
  11. Entendu

Entendu sXe

We'd have Gaby. He's not trading Gaby in that scenario.
  12. poptart

poptart Hungover

- http://insidesportsw...er-marlins.html

and a couple of hours after Joe Frisario posted an article saying:
    he posted a tweet that simply stated:

huh
  13. Who knows. Secret squirrel sh*t. Fris is up to no good.
  14. Jimmy42Jack0

Jimmy42Jack0 Hammerhead

A. my new marlins hat cannot arrive fast enough(but im too cheap for over night shipping)
    B. please go get gio...we need a good lefty and it frees up money to go get needs in other areas
    C. being a dolphins, heat, panthers(at least they are good so far)...is it baseball season yet?
    1 person likes this.
  15. TrustN61

TrustN61 Hammerhead

Lomo, Nolasco, and Matty D for Gio. Done deal.
  16. poptart

poptart Hungover

I think the A's would be dumb to do that, personally, but if that's all it would take: f*** yeah
  17. not worth it. you take away an important bat that you have to replace everyday and a starter only for.....a starter. unless we find someone better than lomo its not worth it.
    1 person likes this.
  18. catchoftheday

catchoftheday top of the world

I'm totally up for Gio, I think he is as talented as talented can come and I wouldn't mind giving up on Lomo + Dominguez if we are able to sign a good infielder.
  19. also people forget that gio was approaching 100 walks each of the last two years. thats why his WHIP is over 1.31 for those years as well. all other numbers are solid though.
  20. Jimmy42Jack0

Jimmy42Jack0 Hammerhead

but you add gio and maybe go sign mark buehrle and wow, that becomes as impressive of a staff as there is in the NL

johnson, gio, anibal, buehrle, volstad/nolasco/tbd

and playing in a pitcher's park....................:)