Change background image

Gio Gonzalez to Nationals

Discussion in 'Major League Baseball' started by Jokersgoon, Nov 21, 2011.

1. MarlinKidd101

MarlinKidd101 Don't Read This.

F***ing Clark Spencer
  2. gizmo

gizmo RALLY, BITCH

The words in bold apply to Morrison as well.
    2 people like this.
  3. So that makes LoMo and Stanton 2 out of the 3 players with significant playing time that the A's were talking about.

Let's hope that they're still interested in a package around whoever the 3rd one might be.
  4. squall

squall 8==========D VIP

Its a trade negotiation...offers will be made, refused, changed, revisited, and maybe accepted. Patience.
    1 person likes this.
  5. I Love Me Some Fish

I Love Me Some Fish 2013 = year of the fish?

The people on MLBTR are idiots.
    2 people like this.
  6. SixYearItch

SixYearItch Grasshopper

You're all crazy in your race to trade Lomo

His HR rate this year projects to 30 over the course of a full season. His BA this year was freakish......could easily seeing him hitting 280

Lets face it...the veteran collapse put way too much pressure on Stanton and Morrison to carry us at the plate. I don't expect that to. happen this year. Hanley and the one or two free agent pickups will afford both far better protection. I'd be surprised if Lomo isn't at least a 3WAR next year.

This team needs a left hand power bat and Lomo is it. Also projects very well at 1st

Gaby and Yelich can be the crux of the package for Gio, and I still think we can get him.
  7. gizmo

gizmo RALLY, BITCH

It really hurts my head going there sometimes. I don't even know why I try anymore.
    1 person likes this.
  8. mystikol87

mystikol87 Boom Shaka Laka VIP

How can you dismiss his BA as freakish, yet present him as a lock to keep up that HR pace? Neither ever happened before this year.
  9. SixYearItch

SixYearItch Grasshopper

I don't present Lomo as a lock to hit 30 HRS but projecting from his 2011 season it certainly makes it seem credible he can hit 30. His body is "filling out", gaining the muscle mass, to the point where I think he certainly projects to be closer to hitting 30 than 15 any given year. Over a full year I'd actually be satisfied with anything over what he hit this year, as long as he gets his BA to where's its traditionally been, at least in the 275, 280 range. Where the significant improvement is needed is RISP where he completely fell off the wagon, which I think was partly due to all the pressure he had to carry around of being the no. 2 producer when the rest of the team, apart from Stanton, crapped out. Tough yr for him, losing his father, first full season, with the team falling apart around him. With more support around him next year, I honestly see him putting it all together in 2012. Utterly crazy to trade him when we otherwise have nobody like him in our everyday lineup.
  10. Entendu

Entendu sXe

It's like they salivate at an opportunity to trash the Marlins.

We offer Pujols a 'lucrative' deal and we're stupid for making it so long and expensive
    We offer Pujols less than the Cardinals and we're cheap
    We don't spend money and they whine that Loria is pocketing cash
    We show we're going to spend money and they don't believe it or believe we're stupid for how we're spending it
    We actually spend money and _____________

I'm looking forward to a topic about us officially signing Reyes. It'll be the quietest topic in MLBTR history.
    2 people like this.
  11. TrustN61

TrustN61 Hammerhead

You have to give something up to get Gio. LoMo has had issues with the FO etc and if they want to get rid of him something like this would be the opportunity. I think Stanton is untouchable. He's really the only one in my mind.....
  12. NOTtheILMarlins

NOTtheILMarlins Losing while sleeping.

Do you blame them? I'm still waiting for something to happen. The new stadium was a good start.

Hearing reports that Pujols was offered $225 million only to find out it wasn't true isn't good, although I suppose it should have been obvious if you follow the team.

Someone thought they found gold after excavating the Orange Bowl site, made me chuckle.
  13. PurpleHaze

PurpleHaze Social Assassin

Stanton is untouchable, but the Marlins have indicated LoMo is off the table despite the drama in the middle of the season, which everyone said was overblown. But I question if the FO is even considering dealing Gaby since they invited him to the new uniform unveiling. Only select players were invited to that (including LoMo). I would think they would only have players they intend to keep modeling their new jerseys. But then again, Nolasco was a part of that too and he's been named as trade bait.

I see Volstad (no doubt) and Peterson as trade bait. He's a young lefty bat with a lot of upside if he gets regular playing time somewhere.
  14. Old Timer

Old Timer Hammerhead

Good because I really want to keep LoMo. I know he is a douche, but I believe he is going to be a good one, and hopefully he grows out of his douchy behavior and becomes a solid guy that the FO can count on.
  15. el penguino

el penguino Marlin

Whatever happened to Rotoworld? That used to be the sh*t.
  16. squall

squall 8==========D VIP

I like how you can give lomo a chance while you think hanley should be traded. You have my nomination for most disconnected member.
  17. cornfield

cornfield Muckdog

I want to trade Hanley too. Gotta get some pitching. If the Marlins sign Reyes, I'd move Hanley for Gonzales and some other young pitching.
    1 person likes this.
  18. I just thought of something...

The A's want to move Andrew Bailey as well this offseason. Moreso than Gio. I wouldn't be opposed to having a deal centered around LoMo if we got BOTH Bailey and Gonzalez. I know it's a long shot because Billy Beane would probably want to raid better stocked farms, but how does this sound.

Andrew Bailey + Gio Gonzalez = Logan Morrison, Chad James, Christian Yelich, Rob Rasmussen, Bryan Petersen/Scott Cousins, and Matt Dominguez.

Only if Jose Reyes is signed first (trading LoMo and Matty D would leave too many holes)

Ugh, even as I'm typing this, it seems like too much. But it certainly wouldn't be the worst trade in the world. Even though it would deplete our farm system entirely.
  19. squall

squall 8==========D VIP

You're also missing chromosomes.
  20. The more I read this forum, the more thankful I am that we are not in charge of player personnel
    4 people like this.