Change background image

Gio Gonzalez to Nationals

Discussion in 'Major League Baseball' started by Jokersgoon, Nov 21, 2011.

1. MARLIN BURGER

MARLIN BURGER Muckdog

you right i think hanley good days are over him and his robo shoulder can go if we get reyes that will be a good move
  2. Yep it's pretty much obvious the Cornfield and Marlin Burger are trollin' hard.
  3. Entendu

Entendu sXe

This guy is so awesome
  4. MARLIN BURGER

MARLIN BURGER Muckdog

well this gio deal is dead they dont want to give up lomo in the deal
  5. squall

squall 8==========D VIP

I'm almost in tears. There needs to be an award for most accidentally funny.
  6. Now apparently the A's never even asked for LoMo.

I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.
  7. PurpleHaze

PurpleHaze Social Assassin

I know man, that's the best part about it. Teeheehee keep 'em coming!!
  8. Jokersgoon

Jokersgoon Squall's Bench Coach

Quote:
    Brendan_Tobin Brendan Tobin
    From @Buster_ESPN: A's did not ask for Logan Morrison for Gio Gonzalez. Trade talks haven't really started for the LHP
    twitter
  9. BroncoBob27

BroncoBob27 Hammerhead

Right. Because "he can't hit, can't play defense, and has no arm." Your exact words to me. But you aren't a Boni hater and have no man crush on Gaby. Again, your exact words to me.
  10. hovertical

hovertical Hammerhead

since you copied one of my posts in that argument i'd like to add that i think it's clear that Gaby has the better bat of the two but I think it can be argued that Bonifacio is the more exciting of the two players. I still doubt whether he's from Miami or not, nobody (or at least a small enough number to be insignificant) would come out specifically to see Gaby Sanchez play. He's very good especially for his salary but a .260avg and 20 hr's does not really translate to "bringing people to the park" unless it's an aging vet going for a special milestone.

Having said that, I don't think Bonifacio really brings extra people to the park either (aside from my fiancee who is a big fan) but he's more fun to watch in games than Gaby is.
  11. Old Timer

Old Timer Hammerhead

They are two very different cases. LoMo is just a brat off the field for the most part and his behavior has already been curbed and was better towards the end of the year. He even participated in the uniform showoff. I think he has been mostly rehabilitated. His personality also is more team friendly, he is not a selfish douche, just an immature douche.

Hanley on the other hand, has been a prima donna his whole career, and it has most definitely affected his play. His pouting & sulking, and attitude are one reason that Boston was willing to part with him for Beckett. They knew he had potential MVP ability, but could see the "Manny Junior" brewing inside and decided to get rid of him before he became a potential problem. If they do indeed land Reyes, and give Reyes $ 2-3 or more million a year more than Hanley, and then also ask Hanley to move positions, I am telling you now, that I believe (just my opinion) that Hanley will rebel more than ever and be more of a pain in the ass than ever.
  12. hovertical

hovertical Hammerhead

"His pouting & sulking, and attitude are one reason that Boston was willing to part with him for Beckett."

at what point did he pout or sulk last season during what likely would have been the easiest time for him to do exactly that? you say Lomo has been "fixed" essentially...based on what exactly? A handful of games at the end of the season after his blowup? Hanley arguably has the better case here as he had an entire season to be the snot we saw him to be early on in the 2010 season but he didn't.
  13. mystikol87

mystikol87 Boom Shaka Laka VIP

For the ten millionth time, Boston tried to trade for Hanley at least once over the last few years. Those claims about them wanting to deal him because of his personality are......well.......disconnected.
  14. Dr Beinfest

Dr Beinfest Larry's Little Helper

'A deal containing a package of Logan Morrison or Mike Stanton'

lol. Okay the first part... I'd still say not but it's reasonable.

The second part? You want US to add to Mike Stanton for Gio Gonzalez? Go to hell.
  15. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 The Almighty

Personally, I wouldnt package LoMo in for Shields, but Gio i definitely would
  16. I Love Me Some Fish

I Love Me Some Fish 2013 = year of the fish?

Just admit you're partial to LoMo for whatever reason.
  17. Old Timer

Old Timer Hammerhead

Well lets get connected then, find a link that says that Boston tried to trade for him. AN INDEPENDENT source, not a Marlins hack or employee - someone credible. Otherwise it sounds like just another urban myth, to make Hanley supporters feel good about their man.

And it has to be after 2009, when he did the "loafing on the field" incident. I will get off his back if that proposed trade has happened since then.
  18. Old Timer

Old Timer Hammerhead

Well he was called out by team mates last year for not being early & leaving early while he was in his extended hitting slump. And LoMo has been "fixed" for the most part. Just look at his twitter account recently. That alone was a big part of his problem, and than seems to have been toned down.
  19. Old Timer

Old Timer Hammerhead

Not really, go back and look at my posts about LoMo, I never pass up a chance to call him a douche. But I do think eventually he will end up being a better team mate than Hanley ever will be, and baseball is a team sport.

I don't believe Hanley will ever reach his potential because he doesn't have the personality to reach it. He is way too selfish.
  20. el penguino

el penguino Marlin

1 person likes this.