Change background image

Gio Gonzalez to Nationals

Discussion in 'Major League Baseball' started by Jokersgoon, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Old Timer

Old Timer Hammerhead

I said AFTER the loafing on the field incident. I doubt they'd be interested now.......
  2. MarlinKidd101

MarlinKidd101 Don't Read This.

3. el penguino

el penguino Marlin

From 2006 to 2009, the Red Sox basically had a revolving door of pretty mediocre, weak-hitting shortstops. They tried Alex Gonzalez, Julio Lugo, and Nick Green and none of them really worked. Undoubtedly the Red Sox would have loved Hanley Ramirez manning the position during those years even if he was the second coming of Manny Ramirez. Performance trumps work ethic.
  4. el penguino

el penguino Marlin

What difference does it make?
  5. Old Timer

Old Timer Hammerhead

Well still waiting for a link for a proposed Red Sox trade AFTER the loafing incident with Hanley and Freddi......c'mon lets see those links.
  6. Old Timer

Old Timer Hammerhead

Reread my posts and you'll see why it makes a difference.
  7. squall

squall 8==========D VIP

Your opinion is worth less than my dogs currenlty worm infested sh*t, but here you go! http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/plenty-foul-picks-dubious-award-news-picks-top-ten-baseball-turkeys-2009-article-1.419578 page 2 #7 under david samson. Youre a special kind of dumbass because no digging is needed to understand that boston has tried to get hanley back for YEARS. Its all over page one of my google search. There are even rumors of them trying to get him back now.

Hanley supporters? Lol I'm one of the few in miami. Most people feel the same way you do. Im calling whatever nursing home you're in to make sure they limit your access to the internet.
  8. Old Timer

Old Timer Hammerhead

But its been SINCE 2009 that Hanley has been a problem here. A proposed March 2009 trade is well before the problems & bad attitude of the last two seasons appeared.
  9. el penguino

el penguino Marlin

I did. They don't really answer the question. It's bizarre to focus on that one incident.

If the Red Sox are less interested, it probably has more to do with Hanley's injury status and/or diminished production since 2009 and not his attitude. Or the fact that they have Scutaro locked up through 2012.
  10. Old Timer

Old Timer Hammerhead

Again that is a link to an article BEFORE "Lollygag gate". I want to see something since then......c'mon smart guys give me those links.

And your personal shots are really unnecessary.
  11. squall

squall 8==========D VIP

How about you find a report of his bad attitude and problems after the 2009 ball boot from a credible source? And not some retard saying he has issues, but SPECIFIC INCIDENCES.
  12. squall

squall 8==========D VIP

Unless I'm mistaken I suggest you check the date the article was published.
  13. el penguino

el penguino Marlin

You are contradicting yourself. You just said that the Red Sox traded him to the Marlins in the first because of his attitude problems. So by your very own account, Hanley has been a "problem" long before the incident you are talking about even took place.
    1 person likes this.
  14. mystikol87

mystikol87 Boom Shaka Laka VIP

You can't just change your argument. That's crap.
  15. Old Timer

Old Timer Hammerhead

I believe that incident is where a lot of Hanley's continued bad attitude has come from. It was the 1st time he had been publicly lam basted and I don't think he has ever gotten over it. He still carries resentment to this day.
  16. Old Timer

Old Timer Hammerhead

Not really, there have been rumors his whole career of attitude. The "Lollygag" incident is just when the problem came to the forefront for all to see.
  17. el penguino

el penguino Marlin

Yeah, he's being really inconsistent and contradicting himself. His whole argument has been that Hanley's been a headcase since his minor league days with Boston. In that case, I don't see why the lollygagging incident really makes a difference in terms of trade interest.
  18. el penguino

el penguino Marlin

So again, the Red Sox who by your own words traded him because of his attitude were not aware of Hanley's attitude problems until the Lollygag incident?

You can't have it both ways.
  19. Old Timer

Old Timer Hammerhead

Haven't changed my argument. Not at all. He has had an attitude problem for years, and when Boston wanted to get rid of someone with so much potential it has to raise an eyebrow. I think Hanley was contented for a while, especially after Miggy was gone and then he was "the Man" with his new contract. Then "Lollygag Gate" happened and he's been a headache since then, off the field with attitude, and on the field with subpar play. Bringing Reyes here, and paying Reyes more and on top of that asking Hanley to move positions, I am not sure that even a "raise" on his contract will make him happy.
  20. Old Timer

Old Timer Hammerhead

People can grow up, and many thought he had "turned the corner", but Lollygag brought all of it back. His rep from the old days he just could not, and seemingly cannot now shed.