Change background image

Gio Gonzalez to Nationals

Discussion in 'Major League Baseball' started by Jokersgoon, Nov 21, 2011.

1. mystikol87

mystikol87 Boom Shaka Laka VIP

The article squall posted said that the Red Sox were trying to trade for Hanley in November 2009. Please try again. Or don't.
  2. Old Timer

Old Timer Hammerhead

People can grow up......many thought Hanley had grown up. Lollygag just proved he hadn't.
  3. squall

squall 8==========D VIP

Stop speculating and inventing sh*t and start naming specific times when hanley was pouting and all of the other bs you claim.
  4. Old Timer

Old Timer Hammerhead

Lollygag was in May of 2010 ;)
  5. el penguino

el penguino Marlin

In that case, the burden of proof is on you to show us that the Red Sox thought he "turned the corner" after he became a member of the Marlins and were no longer concerned about his attitude again until 2010, because that's a lofty claim to be making.
  6. squall

squall 8==========D VIP

You asked for after the 2009 season...
  7. Old Timer

Old Timer Hammerhead

Why do I have to prove anything ? All I am giving is an opinion. And its an opinion given on many more years of experience dealing with people than you have.
  8. el penguino

el penguino Marlin

It sounds like to me that you realized you were caught saying something stupid and then you made a Google search to find the last reported rumor about a trade interest and then jumped on board with this Lollygag-gate stuff to try to brush off the multiple rumors reported before 2010. And then you created this loaded question that makes no sense to try to "prove" whatever point it is you are trying to make.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Old Timer

Old Timer Hammerhead

I had the year wrong, so show me one from after Lollygag in May of 2010. Show me a link that someone, ANYONE is trying to trade for Hanley.
  10. mystikol87

It was 2010, but at least admit you posted wrong here.

And even if the Red Sox haven't asked about Hanley in the last 2 offseasons, that does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to prove anything else you said. In fact, it shows that they were willing to have him back even though they "knew" what he was all about.

Hanley might be a diva, but your arguments are just incredible (and I don't mean the shade of meaning that's a synonym for awesome).
  11. Old Timer

Old Timer Hammerhead

Can you please give me a link to a trade for Hanley FOLLOWING Lollygag Gate or not ? Please do.
  12. el penguino

el penguino Marlin

You are insinuating that the Red Sox thought Hanley "turned a corner" in terms of his attitude from 2006-2009. That requires some proof.

Oh, and it finally comes out. When all else fails, drop the "I'm older, so I know more" line. I didn't see that one coming. You can join the likes of Marlins2003 and Bronco with that remark.
  13. mystikol87

Wow..........I........this is just............a whole other level.........
  14. Dr Beinfest

Dr Beinfest Larry's Little Helper

15. Old Timer

Old Timer Hammerhead

Because before Lollygag Gate Hanley had showed signs that his old troublesome personality traits had maybe been conquered, as he had possibly grown up. But that whole incident and his downward spiral since then I don't think are unrelated. You can be injured and not play well, but it was his behavior while injured that got him called out by at least one present Marlin, and of course we know a former Marlin (now in Atlanta) also called him out.
  16. el penguino

el penguino Marlin

This sh*t happens with every "old" poster we've ever had. They don't like being proven wrong by people younger than them, so they resort to this nonsense. They all hate Hanley too.
    1 person likes this.
  17. Old Timer

Old Timer Hammerhead

http://paullebowitz.com.previewyoursite.com/blog/?p=3072

That means he's been a problem in the past..........if you want more go look for it yourself.
  18. Old Timer

Old Timer Hammerhead

Because we see right through him. Too bad you can't or won't.
  19. Entendu

Entendu sXe

Hanley Ramirez is my favorite baseball player in the world.
  20. MarlinKidd101

MarlinKidd101 Don't Read This.