Change background image

Jarrod Saltalamacchia signs

Discussion in 'Miami Marlins' started by Larry, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Hotcorner

Hotcorner Teal Avenger .

I say give Deets a look at 3b and go sign Ellis or Sizemore to play 2B. Solano backup IF. If Dietrich isn't working, hopefully Moran is ready by 2015.
  2. lol wut? You do remember last year don't you? You do remember they were one of the worst offensive teams of ALL TIME. That doesn't just magically change by adding Salty (and hope we get .700 - .750 OPS out of him) and a "legitimate 3b." In addition to 3b, we have offensive black holes at SS, 2b, and 1b. Yelich looks good in LF and Studmuffin fine in right, but there's also no clear answer for CF. We have a long way to go my friend
  3. Vince0926

Vince0926 Hammerhead

Sign qualls, loney, trumbo, Napoli.....get 3 of those 4 and I will be happy as a clown.
  4. Anonymous

Anonymous Sun

I wouldn't mind bringing Infante back to play SS. Sign Napoli for first. Get creative at third. Maybe trade Marisnick for a 3rd base prospect? Or Morrison and pitching?
  5. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

Infante is seeking a 3/30 deal
  6. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

And our pitching was absolutely good enough to build a winning team with a league average offense.

If the team were to stay healthy, you add a third baseman and you absolutely could have a .500+ team.
  7. Rydawg

Rydawg Hammerhead

After last season any positive moves are welcomed. Hopefully they aren't done. What was the last year that we signed a big name free agent catcher? 2003?
  8. Our entire infield besides catcher (thanks to salty) is currently a black hole. There is also a huge question market in CF. It's going to take a lot more than health to attain a league average offense.
  9. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

Well, signed? Technically Buck was an All-Star when we signed him. And we did acquire Lo Duca via trade while he was still productive.

But, yes, best catcher in a Marlin uni since Pudge IMO.
  10. I Love Me Some Fish

I Love Me Some Fish 2013 = year of the fish?

Yeah, that's the way this usually works.
  11. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

Agree to disagree. I think Morrison, healthy, should be able to post a minimum .750-.800 OPS. I think Dietrich and Ozuna should be at least .700-.750 as Dietrich's discipline improves and Ozuna's power comes back. I think if they can stay healthy, good things can happen. If they can find a legit third baseman, we could surprise quite a few people... even you apparently.
  12. dim

dim President of the Robert Andino Fan Club.

I hate saying this again, but Eric Chavez is again available after posting yet another solid season hitting against RHP. .827 OPS in 197 AB's against RHP. Find somebody who can hit LHP and platoon him with Chavez, and there you go for third base.Once again, I don't think it'll be expensive to get Chavez, and he'd love to find a place where he'd get regular at bats.
  13. YearOneMarlinFan

YearOneMarlinFan Grasshopper

Was that intentional? Clever.
  14. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

I have to assume the Marlins have tried to sign Chavez multiple times over the past few years. It seems he's usually only interested in being on a winning team. But if we could land him and platoon him with Lucas, I'd be all for it. The only problem would be how crowded our lineup would be with Lefites...
  15. Anonymous

Anonymous Sun

Wouldn't be a bad signing, IMO. Especially if he's playing SS.
  16. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

Joe Frisaro @JoeFrisaro
    From what I've gathered, no deal completed between #Marlins and Saltalamacchia. Strong interest. Process continues

Hmmm... I think you made Joe mad, Larry.
  17. gizmo

gizmo RALLY, BITCH

Joe can go **** himself
  18. The deal is done y'all. Frisaro is a doofus as usual. NEVER doubt Larry.

Mike Berardino ‏@MikeBerardino5m
    Person w/direct knowledge: Saltalamacchia has a 3-year offer in hand from the #Marlins and is meeting today with MIA owner Jeffrey Loria.
  19. SixYearItch

SixYearItch Grasshopper

I want to believe this deal is done, but just a twitter comment from a Denver Post writer is all I see. Hmmm Anybody have more than that, other than chatter repeating the twitter comment?
    If and once Salty's onboard, a very positive move, then to me the true test is whether we go after Napoli. I wish I had more faith in Lomo than some on this board, but he hasn't proven it . And just adding a Chavez, Uribe type at 3rd and calling it a day won't, in my book, get us to 500.
  20. Jokersgoon

Jokersgoon Squall's Bench Coach

According to baradino. Salt has a 3-year offer and is meeting with loria today.