Change background image

Jarrod Saltalamacchia signs

Discussion in 'Miami Marlins' started by Larry, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Rydawg

Rydawg Hammerhead

Well then just be a Rays fan. In the end with all of the praise they get they have 0 World Series victories and we have 2!
  2. Rydawg

Rydawg Hammerhead

Why? Because the Palm Beach fan base used to sell out the games when they were in Sun Life Stadium? NOT!
  3. He had to be kidding.
  4. mystikol87

mystikol87 Boom Shaka Laka VIP

Holy cow, this is some stupid s***.
    BenderRobot, gizmo and pollyvonwog like this.
  5. squall

squall 8==========D VIP

Actually I'm not. In JRS in the section that I would sit there were mostly palm beach fans. Plus David Samson said that one thing that one time at the Christmas party in 2011.
    pollyvonwog likes this.
  6. Panthino wanted Salty's $21M contract breakdown to be $20M/$1M/a free pass for 2016.
    mystikol87 likes this.
  7. Entendu

Entendu sXe

It's the only way to know for sure
  8. mystikol87

mystikol87 Boom Shaka Laka VIP

It's a good thing they read between the lines for us!
  9. mrchainsaw

mrchainsaw Baseball is stupid

Salty will hit an Opening Day grand slam and never be heard from again.
  10. Pnino

Pnino SlamaLamaDing-Ding

Haha! You think that is stupid. Here is an image of where that $2 million is going to go once Salty gets moved:

[​IMG]
    The Jeffery Loria Art Gallery!

Ah..... another piece of art for the collection. Come hither Marlins fans.

All in all, a nice gesture towards the fans. I like Salty. But he's got a LONG way to go. For one, he's gotta eventually address the elephant in the room... aka Stanton.
  11. Pnino

Pnino SlamaLamaDing-Ding

The way this ownership has handled itself, that would be a start.
    Although, I do enjoy how nicely they have miraculously made David Sampson disappear from the face of the earth. I have been at peace since the Weasel has been snuffed out of the headlines. Namaste'.
  12. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

Who is David Sampson?
  13. Pnino

Pnino SlamaLamaDing-Ding

Stupid is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. :confused:
  14. Erick

Erick Marlin

The Tigers signed Jose Nathan and gave him $9 million in 2014 and $10 million in 2015. Those backloading assholes.
  15. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

Clearly they plan to trade him before 2015.
  16. Erick

Erick Marlin

Stupid is quoting the same exact post more than one time.
    Pnino likes this.
  17. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

Maybe the Marlins will be smarter than all of us. Sure, they tanked last season, but they added a lot of prospects and it's not like the Jays won anything. Maybe they will spend some jack and get more hitters like Salty. I hear that 3B is the next spot to try to improve at. We shall see what they do.
  18. gizmo

gizmo RALLY, BITCH

Hopefully we draft a can't miss prospect this year with the 2nd pick.
  19. Benched

Benched Sun

Best year at the plate as a pro last year with a near average year behind it. He's making at least 1.5 mil a year less than McCann, Pierzynski, or Ruiz and he outplayed all of them last year. No one should have a problem with this.
  20. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

Anyone that has a problem with this signing should be forced to watch video of every game last year and watch Rob Brantly and Jeff Mathis play.
    SilverBullet1929, Wild Card and Larry like this.