Change background image

LoMo traded to Seattle

Discussion in 'Miami Marlins' started by MrAndMrsFish, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

If Furcal has an average year for him, he will be a lot better than Solano, Dietrich or Lucas.
  2. Hotcorner

Hotcorner Teal Avenger .

Well sure if you looked at Furcal's entire career, we'd all love an average year of that. But this isn't the mid-20s high OPS and wizard defense Furcal anymore. He's 36 now, OPSing mid 600s and coming off TJ surgery. Probably not a heck of a lot more than what you'd get from those other guys.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  3. DolphinJohn

DolphinJohn Hammerhead

I think if he can be just slightly better than Solano/Dietrich/Lucas on the field, and also add the wisdom and experience of a veteran who's been to the playoffs and WS, it's a plus.
    Wouldn't you agree?
  4. Hotcorner

Hotcorner Teal Avenger .

Better than last season? That's a pretty low bar, but okay sure. I mean he's fine, if he plays a full season maybe he's a 1 WAR player at this point like the last couple years. That's a little better than the replacement-level production we had at 2B last year. It doesn't really do anything to build the team for the next 3-4 years.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  5. el penguino

el penguino Marlin

The "wisdom and experience" stuff means jack squat. If he's just "slightly better" than Solano/Dietrich/Lucas, then he's far from filling in the "black hole at 2B," as I originally stated.
  6. squall

squall 8==========D VIP

Must be penguin mating season.