Change background image

LoMo traded to Seattle

Discussion in 'Miami Marlins' started by MrAndMrsFish, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Entendu

Entendu sXe

If this site shuts down, where will he go to write stupid f***ing s***? It's an investment.
    ArtisticHate and pollyvonwog like this.
  2. Erick

Erick Marlin

My prediction for Morrison is probably in line with the projections on fangraphs. I don't believe that he's as bad as last year (or even the year before last), but I'm certainly not going to project him for an .840 .OPS. ~.770-.790 .OPS type bat with terrible defense. Irrelevant player.

And while injuries are impossible to predict, I wouldn't bet on him staying healthy all year either especially since the Mariners are dumb enough to put him back in the OF again.
  3. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

Here you go Wild Card. I got Morrison hitting .249 with a .337 OPS and a .427 SLG. I have him playing in 120 games and having 43 runs scored, 10 homers and 44 RBIs.
  4. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

Alright, fair enough.

So, whoever has the closest estimates wins. GAME ON!
  5. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

As long as he plays in at least 120 games.
  6. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

Correct, that's fine.
  7. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

Had to protect myself from him going 2 for 4 on opening day and hurting his ankle or knee.
  8. BroncoBob27

BroncoBob27 Hammerhead

Gotta be pretty sure they know. They just see him as a lefty OFer to compliment the signing of Hart. I think Hart can also play some 1B. Kind of a plus for them. Probably thinking they will go into ST and see what happens.

If they can somehow stop LoMo from running into walls full speed while playing the OF........
  9. Is this backin guy really refusing a bet because the money would go to his pocket rather than this website where he posts his drivel? Tsk tsk tsk.
    Entendu likes this.
  10. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

That's why I bet him a ban instead. Maybe we can get a month in October without having to hear it.
  11. el penguino

el penguino Marlin

Is there a scenario in which you could both lose?
  12. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

If LoMo plays exactly 119 games.
  13. What happens to our bet btw now since Furcal is gonna start (barring injury)?
  14. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

Both of you just donate to the site and call it even. :mischief2
  15. FloridaMarlinsForever

FloridaMarlinsForever Your gonna need a bigger boat

Finally, get some real talent. Lomo was a joke, put more effort into his twitter account. Injured 50% of the time, then would limp down to first base after hitting a little squibber off the bat. That about sums up his stint with the Marlins.
  16. lol. you ain't getting me that easy Larry. you gotta earn it!
  17. Hotcorner

Hotcorner Teal Avenger .

I think we all lose here.
  18. el penguino

el penguino Marlin

Can someone here name a player whom Wild Card underrates?

I bet that nobody can come up with one.
  19. Entendu

Entendu sXe

Mike Olt... Or is that an overrate of Derek Dietrich?

If you want to get philosophical, he underrates the league as a collective entity by overrating his selected players. He actually underrates more than he overrates!
  20. el penguino

el penguino Marlin

I probably should have specified Marlins player--that's more what I was referring to.