Change background image

Mark Trumbo

Discussion in 'Miami Marlins' started by Wild Card, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

And regardless that would be a bit much.

I think that's the kind of overpayment it would take for, say, the Marlins to land him. Which I've made clear I would personally be fine with, but I think only WE would have to make an offer like that.
  2. Eddie Altamonte

Eddie Altamonte Hammerhead

Boston is talking with Salty's agent about a what appears to be a 2 year contract
    Geovany Soto resigned with Texas and the Heavy hitters early on in the McCann sweepstakes
    are The Yankees and Texas, however odds are in Texas favor right now
  3. FutureGM

FutureGM All Star

I figure Texas will pay McCann what he wants, since they need another bat. Apparently they are prepared to have him split time at catcher and 1B/DH
  4. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

Which is perfect for them, they seem to like Soto behind the plate and if they split his time they can probably keep him fresh and healthy.
  5. How about Brandon Phillips? Relatively affordable at 11 million and 12 million in 2015.

Slide Dietrich over to 3rd.
  6. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

No.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

I have a feeling that next year Dietrich's numbers will eclipse Phillips'. In fact I'd be willing to bet on it.
  8. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

Also no. Especially if Phillips goes to the Yankees.
    1 person likes this.
  9. He's gotta start at 2b in order for that to happen :p

Unlike Bender, I don't think that's an unreasonable assertion thought. Phillips career OPS is .749 and he's on the wrong side of 30. I would say if given appropriate starts DD has a solid shot to outperform him offensively. Defensively, not even close of course.
  10. He's gotta start at 2b in order for that to happen :p

Unlike Bender, I don't think that's an unreasonable assertion thought. Phillips career OPS is .749 and he's on the wrong side of 30. I would say if given appropriate starts DD has a solid shot to outperform him offensively. Defensively, not even close of course.

Phillips had 103 RBI and is a gold glover. Enough said.

Dont see why the Reds want to trade him either. Granted Votto's other numbers were astronomical compared to his but Phillips drive in 30 more runs than Votto. Probably becuase Votto was getting walked so much.

Pretty amazing how he had 103 RBI with a .706 OPS.
  11. FutureGM

FutureGM All Star

He's on a very disturbing decline, I would pass
  12. Piazza31

Piazza31 Pr*ck

Middlebrooks, Phillips and Trumbo.

Get all three.
  13. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

What if Cincy pays some of the tab?
  14. hovertical

hovertical Hammerhead

i can just see the fish spending money on phillips to watch him continue to regress and then just use that to say, "oh well, look! we spent money on someone and it didn't work out again!"

i don't want any part of phillips at this point judging by the precipitous decline in his numbers over the past few seasons.
  15. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

What would we do with Middlebrooks AND Trumbo? That would be a little redundant.

And idk why so many people here are high on Phillips. Honestly I'd rather have Dietrich for cheap.
  16. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

He's gotta start at 2b in order for that to happen :p

Dont see why the Reds want to trade him either. Granted Votto's other numbers were astronomical compared to his but Phillips drive in 30 more runs than Votto. Probably becuase Votto was getting walked so much.

Votto had 193 plate appearances with RISP and drew 51 walks. Ridiculous amount. Explains Phillips' RBI total.
  17. mystikol87

mystikol87 Boom Shaka Laka VIP

He's gotta start at 2b in order for that to happen :p

[​IMG]
  18. FutureGM

FutureGM All Star

What if Cincy pays some of the tab?

It really depends on how much and what we would have to give up.
  19. Spike

Spike Hammerhead

RBIs are a terrible stat to judge a players value on. a pretty terrible stat in every other instance as well
  20. Piazza31

Piazza31 Pr*ck

Middlebrooks at 3B, Trumbo at 1B.