Change background image

Marlins GM Dan Jennings: Stanton Will Not Be Traded

Discussion in 'Miami Marlins' started by CanesCop86, Nov 3, 2013.

1. DcFishFan

DcFishFan Hammerhead

If Loria sells the team, Stanton might sign a long term deal.
  2. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

3. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

I think he gets 6 million or so.
  4. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

16/300!

10/12/13/15/15/17/18/20/25/25/25/23/22/22/20/18
  5. gizmo

gizmo RALLY, BITCH

Tsk....typical Marlins contract backloading!
  6. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

It's midloading! D:
    And regressing towards the end. It's all a fair contract and all that jizzy-jazz.
  7. Do you think the fish end up agreeing to terms with him or if the arb courts will be the ultimate decider?
  8. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

I hope they come to terms... arbitration process sucks when you're trying to woo a player to stay.
  9. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

I think we come to terms with him.
  10. FutureGM

FutureGM All Star

I'm still waiting for this supposed offer to happen. It really needs to be done this offseason if it's going to get done at all.
  11. Undakai

Undakai Sun

Can't wait to hear SOMETHING new from the FO. Even if a contract is rejected, would like to know something was attempted. Right now it all sounds like speculation. Oh well, still have lots of off season to go. Swear these months are the slowest.
  12. FutureGM

FutureGM All Star

13. Entendu

Entendu sXe

14. FutureGM

FutureGM All Star

That does sound like the FO though. They'd rather put this off.
    But it's dumb of them to think that next year's team is going to look radically different from the one that finished 2013.
  15. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

No it's not. We're going into the year with a healthy rotation that is established, a solid bullpen with no holes, a healthy LoMo from day 1, Christian Yelich from day 1, Derek Dietrich from day 1, and Marcell Ozuna from day 1. This team should be much improved over last year without any acquisitions at all.
  16. Erick

Erick Marlin

Last year's team lost 100 games so that's not really saying much.
  17. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

Fair enough, but to say this team won't look radically different is not right. It's a very, very different team.
  18. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

You are right Wild Card. But, without a lot of positive additions, this is still about a 100-loss team.
  19. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

Wrong. We don't need a lot to avoid being near 100 losses. We need to improve and we will.
  20. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

My statement is not wrong. The Marlins will lose a lot of 3-2 and 2-1 games if they don't add significant pieces offensively. I like that Yelich will be there from Day #1, which is a positive. But, besides Stanton and Yelich, name me one good offensive player on the team. And I'm not going to give you Logan "The Next Jeremy Hermida" Morrison.