Change background image

Marlins GM Dan Jennings: Stanton Will Not Be Traded

Discussion in 'Miami Marlins' started by CanesCop86, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

We don't need "a lot" to avoid 100 losses, that was my point there.
  2. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

If Solano/Dietrich, Hechavarria and Mathis/Brantly are in the starting lineup next year, they will lose 100 games.
  3. Erick

Erick Marlin

They probably won't, but you're also probably not far off.
  4. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

The only one of two players you named that will be regular starters are Dietrich and Hechavarria, and only one of those guys is going to hurt the team.
  5. Erick

Erick Marlin

a) This organization seems to like Donovan Solano plenty.
    b) Even if Dietrich plays 2B, he's really not all that good.

You're relying way too much on young hitters to exceed expectations. It's probably not going to happen. We've already been through this in the past.
  6. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

I think I would take a shot on Rafael Furcal for a year. They could probably get him on the cheap since he didn't play last year.
  7. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

I think due to the fact they're simply not going to pay the price for a power bat, Dietrich is going to start, whether it's second or third. I do highly believe they are searching high and low for a decent third baseman for the sole reason that they know Solano is not a starting ML player. They're not blind.
  8. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

Betancourt is a poor man's Juan Uribe? Ouch.
  9. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

I hope Uribe signs elsewhere too, somebody is going to get stuck with an overpaid player there.
  10. Erick

Erick Marlin

There's actually been no talk of this team trying to upgrade the middle infield. They like Donovan Solano, it seems.
  11. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

Who wants Daniel Cooley Uggla back?
  12. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

They should put Coghlan at 3B and get a 2B so that maybe polly will send me another 100 bucks in 2014.
  13. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

Exactly my point. They want to acquire a third baseman so they can keep Dietrich at second and move Solano out of the lineup to the bench, where he belongs.
  14. Erick

Erick Marlin

Any links for that assumption?
  15. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

Uribe is going to get paid, as he and Michael Young are the two best 3B on the free agent market right now.
  16. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

I have links that say the Marlins are likely to play Dietrich at third or second. The likely assumption is that the only way he would play third is if the team doesn't acquire someone else to play third, suggesting to me he is the likely second baseman in 2014.
  17. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

No need to improve the middle infield? Is that a joke?
  18. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

Dietrich needs to improve his plate discipline is he's ever going to hit over .220.
  19. Erick

Erick Marlin

Ask the front office. Have you seen any rumor implying that they're trying to improve 2B/SS? As of now, it just seems like they want a 3B (and not a good one either) and, to a lesser extent, a 1B (but they're fine with Morrison, worst-case scenario).
  20. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

I believe his past suggests he will improve, and he provides much needed power.