Change background image

Marlins to sign Furcal

Discussion in 'Miami Marlins' started by gizmo, Dec 5, 2013.

1. blue911

blue911 Muckdog

I would gamble on Mark Reynolds
  2. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

This. If they're intent on giving Furcal the starting job without a competition, that is...
  3. Jokersgoon

Jokersgoon Squall's Bench Coach

I guess folks like the move because it's a 1-year deal, with the opportunity Furcal bounces back to being at least average.. An average Furcal is a lot better than Dietrich & Solano.. I guess
  4. yokofox33

yokofox33 lol desu

Interesting signing. Hopefully he doesn't go all Pokey Reese on us.
  5. mchaps55

mchaps55 Muckdog

I'm kinda with you but not a bad gamble. It is like a small stepup from Polanco part 2
  6. Vince0926

Vince0926 Hammerhead

Playoff guys as in guys with playoff experience. I don't bentancourt has ever been there,
  7. Erick

Erick Marlin

Playoff guys play on good teams, that's why they're playoff guys. Furcal is a playoff guy much like Juan Pierre and Placido Polanco were playoff guys...
  8. Mr. Baller

Mr. Baller Muckdog

3.5 million low risk, good clubhouse guy like Furcal. A solid signing. Just need a 3B now and our starting lineup is done.
  9. I like this move. I would not be surprised to see them move Dietrich to third and obviously want Furcal at second because of his arm issues.

I think he still has something left in the tank.
  10. Rapp/Laettnerfanatic

Rapp/Laettnerfanatic Grasshopper

I did a double take upon reading that headline.
  11. Vince0926

Vince0926 Hammerhead

True but te team is growing experience. To think that not even our regulars before these 2 played the. Season with marlins last season
  12. Erick

Erick Marlin

The offense still stinks.
  13. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

Why does everyone keep wondering who will be playing third base? It sure as hell won't be Solano.
  14. Mr. Baller

Mr. Baller Muckdog

That it does. Although Ozuna being in the lineup every day and the addition of Salty should help it out a bit. Hopefully we get somebody with decent pop to fill out the lineup at 3B.
  15. Erick

Erick Marlin

Probably because there's no one in the organization capable of playing it short-term.
  16. Rapp/Laettnerfanatic

Rapp/Laettnerfanatic Grasshopper

Guys...Guys.....Ed Lucas has 3b on lock.
  17. MrAndMrsFish

MrAndMrsFish Lets Go Miami Marlins! .

I like this signing quite a bit especially if he has recovered from the TJ surgery

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  18. Mr. Baller

Mr. Baller Muckdog

Yup Moran is a good year away at least. Need to sign somebody or stuck with the Dietrich/Solano platoon of goodness
  19. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

Seems like the organization disagrees with you. Michael Hill himself, just yesterday, said he envisioned Dietrich as a likely candidate to play third base next year. Considering he was originally a SS, and is a power bat, I am not surprised.
  20. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

No need for a platoon, Dietrich seems to hit lefties OK.