Change background image

Marlins to sign Furcal

Discussion in 'Miami Marlins' started by gizmo, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Erick

Erick Marlin

That's how I know I'm right.
    mystikol87 likes this.
  2. Sirspud

Sirspud Sun

Retire and give way to a future all-star?
  3. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

Wow, I was actually about to attempt to statistically refute that last line, but you're not wrong! :eek:
    Looking at the stats, he was actually abysmal against righties.
  4. Erick

Erick Marlin

The Marlins paid Furcal the same thing the Yankees are paying Kelly Johnson. That doesn't seem right.
  5. MiamiMarlins1

MiamiMarlins1 Grasshopper

Such a stupid signing. This team is run by a bunch of idiots
  6. dim

dim President of the Robert Andino Fan Club.

It's the 2nd base signing version of last year's Juan Pierre signing.

>_>

This isn't going to end well.

But then again, it's one year and we're not going to the playoffs in 2014, so whatever.
  7. squall

squall 8==========D VIP

I know one marlin fan who is happy about this signing.
    MrMarlinPride likes this.
  8. SixYearItch

SixYearItch Grasshopper

Meh
    Not really all in on this if it means Dietrich won't be given the opportunity to win the position in spring training, but if he gets a shot at 3rd then I guess its okay. Still need a power bat. If this ends up being a Lomo, Furcal, Hech, Uribe infield than I'll be the first to say that this sucks.
  9. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

He hit righties fine until he hit that slump. I'm really not as worried as everyone else seems to be.
    I actually really like the signing. This team was really missing someone that is capable of batting second behind Yelich, and Furcal is really a perfect fit. Not to mention watching Hech and Furcal turn two will be fun to watch.
  10. Jokersgoon

Jokersgoon Squall's Bench Coach

Furcal had a missile for an arm.. I remember that about him
  11. dim

dim President of the Robert Andino Fan Club.

Obviously I'd rather see Dietrich start the season at 2B. This signing is dumb just because I feel Dietrich has very little left to prove in the minors and should be getting regular at bats in a season where we'd be lucky to get near .500 anyway.

I was cool with a one year stopgap at 3B and MAYBE at 2B if the player was right. Furcal is just wasted time.
  12. MiamiMarlins1

MiamiMarlins1 Grasshopper

I would much rather see Solano or Dietrich. Just seems like a waste of money. Doesn't really make us much better
  13. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

Exactly $3m (with incentives).
    Good call on the $3m, Bender!
    Thanks, Bender.

Also, it's a stopgap style signing. Don't look too much into it. One year, big whoop.
  14. squall

squall 8==========D VIP

You know I just realized that you are straight edge but have the forum name of the exact opposite. Wtf.
  15. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

You're still going to see Dietrich, just at third base. We needed a power bat at third... we got one.
  16. Jokersgoon

I doubt Dietrich plays at 3rd
  17. Jokersgoon

good call senor bender
  18. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

Bite my shiny metal ass.
    Sir.

(And yes, I guess that is oxymoronical)
  19. FutureGM

FutureGM All Star

In all honesty I'd rather give Solano the chance than put Furcal out of position after he's had major surgery
  20. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third