Change background image

Marlins trade/FA talk

Discussion in 'Miami Marlins' started by Hotcorner, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Hotcorner

Hotcorner Teal Avenger .

General thread for trade and FA thoughts. Feel free to create specific threads as needed.

Heyman thinks the Cubs and Marlins could discuss swapping some top prospects since we have pitching & the Cubs have position players. Not sure I see it... Bryant and Mike Olt are 3b where we already have Moran coming, Soler & Almora are outfielders so I doubt we'd have interest. Baez is a stud and would have to take Heaney at least to get him, or a lot of others. I doubt either team is looking to trade those guys.
  2. Hotcorner

Hotcorner Teal Avenger .

Orioles are saying Matt Wieters could be available. Quick Loria go sell some more paintings!
    curveball likes this.
  3. Entendu

Entendu sXe

Wieters would be a bad idea. He's a Boras client so we won't be able to keep him beyond next year
  4. Entendu

Entendu sXe

I would absolutely love Baez. Stud shortstops are even more rare than stud pitchers. I would go for it. Maybe Ozuna/Marisnick, and Nicolino. I think there are ways that don't include Heaney but it would entail giving up a ton of good prospects
  5. mrchainsaw

mrchainsaw Baseball is stupid

But but but Hechavarriafuturegoldgloverallstarhalloffamer
    Entendu likes this.
  6. Eddie Altamonte

Eddie Altamonte Hammerhead

I believe a packet that includes DeScalfani and Flynn would suffice for Baez
    however everywhere I read Starlin Castro is the one being offered by the Cubs
    BTW the rumor Mill has Houston shopping Jason Castro I hope the Marlins put in a decent bid
  7. Hotcorner

Hotcorner Teal Avenger .

no way that those two could be the centerpieces. Baez is a top 10 overall prospect in baseball right now.
  8. Eddie Altamonte

DeSclefani was our minor league pitcher of the year and Flynn is our most major league ready LHP starter
    I mean you can substitute for Nicolino you get a bit more potential but less major league readiness
    You can work in Koehler in the deal as well and these 3 would be solid additions to any pitching staff
    Koehler versatility is a manager's dream
  9. Entendu

Entendu sXe

You need to include Marisnick/Ozuna+ if you don't give up Heaney

And after looking at Baez a bit more, it might not even be possible at all without Heaney.
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  10. FutureGM

FutureGM All Star

I don't think they're trading Baez, Bryant, Soler, or Almora right now. They're also rebuilding, and those guys are all great prospects.
    The Cubs have a lot of MiLB pitching depth, starting with guys like CJ Edwards and Pierce Johnson.
    dim and Eddie Altamonte like this.
  11. Hotcorner

Hotcorner Teal Avenger .

I would imagine the Fish include Eovaldi and Alvarez when they discuss potential deals too, particularly now that they've demonstrated a little success up here.
  12. Eddie Altamonte

I can't see any scenario in which the Marlins trade Eovaldi and/or Alvarez
  13. dim

dim President of the Robert Andino Fan Club.

I thought when I started reading the article that these prospects would be discussed in a package to entice the Marlins to trade Giancarlo Stanton.

This isn't happening. Bryant/Baez/Soler/Almora are top of the top of the top prospects, and those are the kind of guys teams don't trade away unless they're getting a proven superstar in return. Stanton by himself would lure only two of these guys max. None of our players or prospects other than Stanton would lead us to any of these guys.
  14. FutureGM

FutureGM All Star

What, so we can't trade Brad Hand for Javier Baez? Impossible!
  15. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

How did this go unnoticed? Castro would be a HUGE acquisition for the Marlins... Astros have shown they are more than willing to wheel and deal anybody and everybody for prospects, and right now we have 'em... I would love this.
  16. Knight

Knight Muckdog

How much are the Marlins committing to the roster for next season?
  17. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

They haven't officially said but the reports have it at 40 million or so.
  18. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  19. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

I'm not surprised there's interest but I am not fully convinced we trade him.
  20. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

If the Marlins get offered anything good, they should dump Morrison. He is the next Jeremy Hermida.