Change background image

Marlins trade/FA talk

Discussion in 'Miami Marlins' started by Hotcorner, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

I actually think he would rake in the right park and lineup. Yankees would be a really good fit with Tex health problems, short porch, and depth in the lineup.
  2. The_Punisher

The_Punisher The Runner

David Freese apparently is being discussed.....any thougts? He will be 31 at the start of the season. Great guy for the clubhouse.
  3. Hotcorner

Hotcorner Teal Avenger .

well that's kinda interesting. Arb-eligible in 2014 and FA in 2016 but by then Moran would be up anyway. He's not Mark Trumbo, but figure he wouldn't cost as much in prospects either.
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  4. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

We agree to disagree then. I think Morrison is a stiff.
  5. The_Punisher

The_Punisher The Runner

He can be moved around when Moran comes up which I anticipate will be this year.
  6. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

Agreed, I think the question is are the Marlins willing to pay him what he's going to make in arb? But you're right, his expected salary and current service time will absolutely effect his value, which Jim Bowden doesn't expect to be very high for those reasons.
  7. SongInTheAir

SongInTheAir So it goes.

Do we have enough/are we willing to give up enough to get Matt Wieters?
  8. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

I had read they weren't as interested in Wieters due to his lack of club control, I believe whatever team acquires him only has 2 more arb years left before he's a FA and those are obviously his most expensive years...

Jason Castro would be my ideal catcher if we had enough, or are willing to give enough, to acquire him...
  9. FutureGM

FutureGM All Star

I don't really get trading Morrison, because I can't imagine he has much value, and we have no one else to play 1st right now. He deserves a shot.
  10. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

Unless we put Yelich at 1B.
  11. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

Marlins sign Juan Diaz. Who? No idea. A shortstop, though, switch-hitter, 24 years old, 6'4 200 ... I want to say he seems like Hech with more power, but I can't really tell.
  12. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

Cue the obligatory overreactions to this signing as if Diaz will play a pivotal role. :mischief2
  13. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

He's a perennial all-star gold glove shortstop!
  14. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

Kyle Jensen...? They like his bat, we need power, and that seems like the only way to get him in the lineup...
  15. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

Or Yelich at first and Jensen in left. That also works, I do believe.
  16. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

Yelich simply loses so much value as a first baseman. He's an outfielder with speed capable of playing center field in the major leagues. A player like that, who can hit, is worth a ton... Jensen is a mediocre outfielder, who has gotten better, but moving him from the OF to 1B is irrelevant because he's not particularly valuable at either position.
  17. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

Or, or, or, OR ...
    ... we could trade Jensen.
    For Logan Morrison.

EDIT: If Jensen has a decent Spring, then he'll make the team. He's only played 5 games in his professional career at first base, but if Logan Morrison has at least a 5% ability to play left field, then I can see Jensen being able to learn first.
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  18. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

Now that I think about it, LoMo would probably be a really great fit in Colorado. He could slide in and replace Helton, and would probably put up big numbers at Coors... That would be interesting.
  19. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

Won't happen, but maybe package a couple guys with Morrison and get Wilin Rosario, if the Rockies get Ruiz. He's just as good a hitter home and road.

But won't happen.
  20. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

It could happen. They're apparently in the market for some high priced names like Napoli... If they could acquire LoMo, who's under control for three year, they could save a ton of cash. Not to mention they could pick up a nice arm for their rotation, which is something the Rox are always in the market for. Good idea, IMO, just makes me wonder if they're willing to listen to offers...