Change background image

Marlins trade/FA talk

Discussion in 'Miami Marlins' started by Hotcorner, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Undakai

Undakai Sun

He wasn't beefcake enough, obviously. Thought everyone knew that by now?
  2. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

The Marlins need all of the power that they can get, so Dietrich should start over Solano.
  3. The_Punisher

The_Punisher The Runner

Hank Conger, and Chris Iannetta being dicussed now.....we are all over the place....any thoughts?
  4. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

Did someone lock Jennings in a room with Dipoto? There are 28 other teams.
  5. The_Punisher

The_Punisher The Runner

apparently....
  6. Entendu

Entendu sXe

I don't get the love for Hank Conger. He's got pretty good upside, but I feel like his floor is also pretty low. However, he's a much much better option than Ianetta.

While we do need a catcher, all of these options (taking into account who people are speculating we'd give up) seem really bad. We'll probably give more than we'll receive in any of these trades.
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  7. This.

I'm not opposed to a deal with the Angels and I see how we seem like a good match with them but at this point its like all we hear about is Marlins and Angels so I'm getting somewhat anxious to end it already, for better or worse. Either we make a deal with them now or move on, now.

I know that's not how it works but its how I feel everytime I hear us connected to them. Do it or don't and hurry up.
  8. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

Maybe it's taking a while because they have so much to talk about. If both sides have interest in a lot of players, there's probably a lot of addition and subtraction being discussed.
  9. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

Iannetta or Conger would be a huge upgrade over the Marlins' current catchers. I think the Marlins should do what they have to in regards to improving the hitting. The pitching staff looks pretty good to me. But, you can't have a lineup with Mathis/Brantly, Hechavarria and Solano/Dietrich in it. It's like going to war with four pitchers batting.
  10. I know its not the same but that scarily reminds me of how the Blue Jays asking about JJ turned into a 12 player "blockbuster."
  11. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

The Blue Jays deal seems to have heavily favored the Marlins if you haven't noticed...
  12. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

Yeah, we won that trade with Toronto easily.
  13. Oh yeah, I've totally noticed. I just don't think we're in any position to do any 10+ player deals this year. Not saying it would happen, just noting the similarities at this early stage of the offseason.
  14. Hotcorner

Hotcorner Teal Avenger .

why is Iannetta so bad? Granted I don't get to watch him very often and he doesn't hit for average but he gets on base a ton and will give you double-digit homers. Defense seems average-ish I guess except for the caught stealing.

I can't imagine he'd cost much in a trade but dunno.
  15. Erick

Erick Marlin

They're not making a deal with the Angels because this front office isn't that intelligent.

What's more likely to happen is that they trade Logan Morrison for nothing and sign Juan Uribe for 3 years to play 1B. That would be so us. That's actually a real rumor going on right now too.
  16. Entendu

Entendu sXe

He has two years of control, and I read that his defense is rated terribly. I haven't actually looked at the numbers, so you might wanna check before you take my word on that.
  17. Bret Hart

Bret Hart ↑This girl make me sick

BTW, tonight is the deadline to add players to 40-man roster in order to protect pickup before rule 5 draft.
    But, out 40-man roster is only 33.

What is going on?
  18. Erick

Erick Marlin

We added six guys to the 40-man roster today.
    Grant Dayton, Michael Brady, Angel Sanchez, Jose Urena, Brent Keys and JT Realmuto were all added.
  19. Anonymous

Anonymous Sun

I wouldn't mind Uribe as a last option at third base on a one year deal. But if they put him at 1st, that would be very stupid.
  20. Hotcorner

Hotcorner Teal Avenger .

That does sound a little Marlin.