Change background image

Marlins trade/FA talk

Discussion in 'Miami Marlins' started by Hotcorner, Nov 13, 2013.

1. I think we would have made it in 2009 had we actually had some pitching. Was it not like 25 blown saves that year?
  2. Figured that would happen.
  3. I just dont see the point of trading Morrison for a stop-gap third basemen. Just makes no sense especially with a pure pull hitter in Garret Jones. When Morrison is on he had big power with a great opposite field swing.
  4. Lets see if we can get more guys that can't get on base and have him play in a park that murders power. Maybe we can get Rob Deer to come out of retirement.
  5. h2r09

h2r09 Hammerhead

I would absolutely part with a young pitcher on top of Lomo for Aramis Ramirez if its true that his contract expires after next year. That is a perfect fit. Lomo and someone like Adam Conley Or Urena and see if they want it. Not sure what they are looking for in return.
  6. That deal would probably get done with Urena. I just dont like giving up a potentially productive Morrison for a 1 year guy.
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  7. Rydawg

Rydawg Hammerhead

No way do you part with Adam Conley in a trade for one year of Ramirez.
  8. MrMarlinPride

MrMarlinPride Unsung Hero

9. Sirspud

Sirspud Sun

The pitching was awful that year, no other way around it, but don't forget about the absolutely terrible 3b/Bonifacio situation. No matter how much talent this team had, and the top talent on that squad was as good as any in the league, we did a very poor job of putting together 25 guys without they're being several aspects of the team so awful it could prevent us from winning any given night.

I give the guys who were in charge all the credit in the world for getting top shelf guys for the 2006 rebuilt squad. I give them an F for how they augmented the talent that was on those squads after the core pieces were assembled.
  10. Entendu

Entendu sXe

11. Eddie Altamonte

Eddie Altamonte Hammerhead

Keep Lomo! Keep Lomo! Keep Lomo!
    I don't care what we can get in a trade He should retire a Marlin
    We already lost Petey...I guess the Marlins want a clubhouse full of robots
  12. Frisaro is speculating at us using LoMo to get Juan Francisco, what would u guys think of him as a Fish?
  13. Jokersgoon

Jokersgoon Squall's Bench Coach

Brewers love him. It'll cost a lot. I think.
  14. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

Great, just what we need, a guy that's identical to Garrett Jones but worse. Do they know we can't platoon Lucas with Jones AND Francisco? That would be absolutely retarded.

If that's what LoMo's value is, just f***ing keep him and platoon Jones/Ruggiano. Now that could make sense to me.
  15. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

OF is going to be Yelich, Ozuna, Stanton barring injuries or a horrid Spring for Ozuna. It's his job to lose.
  16. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

If they find a taker for LoMo, and according to these rumors, I seriously hope they don't.

But I know you're right. I would be furious if they let him go for Juan Francisco, though.
  17. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

They'll definitely trade LoMo if/when Jones officially signs.
  18. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

The good news this deal has not yet been confirmed anywhere, unlike Salty and Furcal, that were confirmed within minutes/hours of the original news. MAYBE there's hope this deal does not go through.
  19. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

It's not finalized but it's close so I doubt it doesn't happen.
  20. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

I just really hope this goes backwards... Nothing would make me happier.