Change background image

Marlins trade/FA talk

Discussion in 'Miami Marlins' started by Hotcorner, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

I like Juan Francisco, because he has the big time power to hit homers in Marlins' Park. I would just want a little bit more for Morrison than just him.
  2. Rydawg

Rydawg Hammerhead

I agree with Wild Card. There has to have been some kind of hold up or else we would have heard that they had reached an agreement by now. Maybe or hopefully I would say, they are going to wait to try and move LOMO next week before signing Jones. That would mean that a deal for LOMO might not be a close as we first thought.
  3. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

No, it's basically dotting the i's and crossing the t's at this point. It would come as a complete surprise if it doesn't happen. Trust me.
  4. Jokersgoon

Jokersgoon Squall's Bench Coach

Just waiting for him to take his physical according to my source.. Which is Larry
  5. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

It has to be from the Marlins' side, as Jones should jump for that deal.
  6. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

There's nothing or nobody holding it up, contracts just take some time to finish sometimes. It's nothing, he'll sign barring something unforeseen.
  7. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

I hope he fails his physical. Sorry, Garrett.
  8. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

Poor Garrett
  9. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

It's funny, when I watched the Pirates this year I actually told myself I like him (despite how bad he was defensively). But I just don't like him instead of LoMo. If the Marlins deal LoMo, I sincerely hope he shoves it in their face by hitting .280/.380/.550 with 30 homers and 100 RBI. This is just so dumb.
  10. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

I think LoMo is going to have a bounceback year, he's in good shape and should have a full ST. I hate to trade him when his value is low. He won't have quite those stats I assume but I can see a good year.
    pollyvonwog likes this.
  11. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

In all the Ballparks that are being discussed as destinations for him he should be a good fit, especially Milwaukee. In that ballpark, paired with Ryan Braun in the middle of the order, he should be very good.

I just hope if he ends up there we get MORE than just Juan Francisco. They should get at least a C/B level arm back as well. Maybe they can surprise us with a three-team deal that nets us a better return.
  12. mikeb18768

mikeb18768 Muckdog

Trust me I don't want to see Lomo traded but it's a business he hasn't been healthy he has only played 178 out of 364 over the last two years. How long do you wait for him to make his mark.. If he is traded it better be for a player that can feel a hole and a mid level arm.
  13. SixYearItch

SixYearItch Grasshopper

I pretty much know I'm going to hate the Lomo trade when it happens. Francisco is not enough of a return.
    Actually like Jones but would feel better if at first he were insurance on Lomo/Ozuna non-performance and Stanton injury as thats a lot of protection and 2.5M is worth it for that. But I know the Marlins are just giving up on Lomo, not putting him to the test in an injury free yr. It sucks, and I think the chances are real good we're going to regret it.
  14. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

He was coming off off-season knee surgery last year, he's not this year. Everything points to him having a full ST and being ready for Opening Day 100% healthy. It's just a bad time to sell low.
  15. Francisco's career OPS at .731 for 3b is terrible. The guy isn't a very good defender either. He's basically the Garret Jones of third baseman.

This Jones/lomo thing is just stupid
  16. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

I think you guys are pumping up Morrison a bit too much here. I bet given the same amount of ABs, Francisco would hit 10-15 more homers than Morrison would. He has the power to reach the seats a lot at Marlins' Park and he's a lefty swinger.
  17. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

I agree 100%. I think Jones should be here as an insurance policy and not as a starter. Between the corner OF spots and 1B, injuries, performance, etc from other guys, he would still probably play 100-120 games between starts and pinch hitting. He would be a great power bat off the bench from the left side.
  18. He would also strike out twice as much and get on base significantly less. HRs are only one stat.
  19. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

A platoon of Garrett Jones and Jeff Baker would be a HUGE improvement over Logan Morrison. The Fish just need to go get Baker.
  20. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

LoMo is a better player than Juan Francisco, this is just a fact.

Francisco was DFA'd last season, you won't see LoMo DFA'd anytime soon.
    pollyvonwog likes this.