Change background image

Marlins trade/FA talk

Discussion in 'Miami Marlins' started by Hotcorner, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

So does LoMo. The difference is that Logan doesn't swing for the fences, he has a smart approach at the plate, and Francisco is the exact opposite. When you have that kind of a "Joey Votto" approach, you might not hit 30-40 homers every year because you're maximizing your full ability. Joey Votto could jack 40+ in Cinci every year if that was all he cared about. In a full season of health, LoMo should hit 20-25 homers next season if in Miami. I think that number could be 25-35 depending on where he ends up, and I don't think that's unrealistic if healthy.
  2. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

It is true that homers are only one stat. Francisco has a lot more power than Morrison will EVER have and it's important to have in a lineup. Why would anyone pitch to Stanton when Morrison is batting behind him? They scared that Morrison might walk?
  3. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

Teams were lining up to get him too. I wanted the Marlins to pick him up last year, which the garbage they were playing at 3B.
  4. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

You know LoMo's career high in HR is 23 and Francisco is 18, right? And Francisco HAS NEVER posted an OBP over .300.
  5. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

Morrison is not a good enough hitter to play 1B in the major leagues. It's a power position, period.
  6. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

You know that Morrison hits a homer every 30.8 ABs and Francisco hits one every 22.2? Do the math.
  7. False. Francisco's career ISO is .189. Lomo's .178 which is barely ahead of Lomo. Considering lomo actually provides value in other aspects of offense and doesn't strike out 35% of the time, lomo provides far more value than Francisco who really shouldn't even be on a mlb team.
  8. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

LOL! You guys crack me up with the nerd stats. Baseball is not science.
  9. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

And he's never has more than like 330 ab's in a season because he sucks and can't do anything else.

LoMo can hit for average (sometimes), he can hit for power, he can walk, he doesn't K a ton... I am really excited to see what he is going to do next year. Even if he just repeats his 2011 season, he will be light years better than Francisco.
  10. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

He's light years better than your boy Dietrich
  11. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

That's because he was always behind a veteran player for the Reds. Dusty Baker is notorious for not playing young players. That is something you won't find in the stats, but you would know if you watched him manage. It's a big part of why he is out of a job right now.
  12. It seems we have somethingfishy part 2 on our hands.
    BenderRobot likes this.
  13. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

Actually, statistically he's almost identical to Dietrich, except Dietrich has MORE power and plays better defense. This is a retarded conversation.

That actually proves a point, too. We'd be FAR better off just handing the hot corner to Dietrich than giving it to Francisco.
  14. Dietrich is 23 and considering his milb #s he actually has a chance to be a successful mlb player and not a DFA'd one who does literally one thing decent but everything else terrible
  15. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

16. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

I'm just confused by the fact you thought we could've traded LoMo for Aoki the other day and now should trade him for Juan Francisco. So by that logic, Francisco is just as good as Aoki?
  17. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

If he is so good why has he been released or traded by like 4 teams in 5 years? This is stupid.
  18. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

I said Francisco and something else. In case you have not noticed, the Marlins have a black hole at 3B right now.
  19. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

And they still would have it with Francisco.
    MrMarlinPride likes this.
  20. Rydawg

Rydawg Hammerhead

Well heck, I can feel a hole pretty well myself. LOL