Change background image

Marlins trade/FA talk

Discussion in 'Miami Marlins' started by Hotcorner, Nov 13, 2013.

1. FutureGM

FutureGM All Star

I hope to God that Uribe for 3 years thing doesn't happen. It's a huge mistake.

It's really John Buck 2.0
  2. Piazza31

Piazza31 Pr*ck

Where is everyone getting their information from?
  3. Entendu

Entendu sXe

I almost wish we don't do a single thing this offseason and try again next offseason. All of these proposals are scaring the s*** out of me...
  4. Yeah Uribe. Forget that.

Saltalamacchia and Peralta sound nice. Peralta on a 2-year deal or Will Middlebrooks.

Marlins say they want to bring 2-3 bats. Lets see that happen.

They will probably just re-sign Pierre.
    Hotcorner likes this.
  5. el penguino

el penguino Marlin

I would actually be fine with them really doing nothing drastic outside of extending Stanton. I don't think the Marlins are in a position to compete next season no matter what, so I would prefer they keep all of the young arms to see how they perform.
  6. YearOneMarlinFan

YearOneMarlinFan Grasshopper

And also how the young bats progress. But I can't see many fans going to the ballpark to watch that team unless it surprises everyone by being competitive.
  7. if we sign uribe.......lol
  8. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

If the pitching staff replicated last seasons performance, they could absolutely compete. Even just a league average offense would easily put this team in contention with the kind of pitching they got.
  9. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

I agree with Wild Card. A trio of solid bats to play 3B, LF and C might do the trick. It also wouldn't hurt to try to upgrade the middle infield if possible.
  10. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

What about calling the Brewers about Ryan Braun. I heard that they are willing to pay almost his whole contract to move him because he's burned too many bridges in Milwaukee. Plus, he likes shopping in Miami!
  11. Jokersgoon

Jokersgoon Squall's Bench Coach

I think the Of is set with Stanton, Marisnick & Ozuna.. Plus he'll cost a ton financially & in terms of prospects
  12. Entendu

Entendu sXe

It would make no sense. We have a cheap, crowded outfield as is.
  13. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

They won't pay his entire contract. They are willing to pay some of the contract and what would be left would in all likelihood still be out of our price range.

Also, what they said above.
  14. Hotcorner

Hotcorner Teal Avenger .

yeah I'm kinda wary about dealing these arms until we know who's who. Don't want to look back with "Oops turned out Nicolino was the best of the bunch, prob shouldn't have dealt him for Hank Conger..."
    pollyvonwog likes this.
  15. And he's also a huge douchebag
  16. dom2613

dom2613 Hammerhead

Don't care. He can hit. But yeah just a pipe dream.
  17. DolphinJohn

DolphinJohn Hammerhead

Why no Yelich?
  18. cdy_0513

cdy_0513 Hammerhead

Can somebody explain to me why in the hell are we inquiring about Yuniesky Betancourt?
  19. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

Why have one Hechavarria when you can have two?!
    pollyvonwog and cdy_0513 like this.
  20. Vince0926

Vince0926 Hammerhead

Dumb question but can Moran start 3rd opening day next year, why or why not? And I don't care so much about experience per say, is it possible?