Change background image

Marlins trade/FA talk

Discussion in 'Miami Marlins' started by Hotcorner, Nov 13, 2013.

1. cdy_0513

cdy_0513 Hammerhead

Is It too early in the offseason to mention that I hate this team???
  2. Eddie Altamonte

Eddie Altamonte Hammerhead

If the Marlins are gonna sign Betancourt for 3rd base, they are better off just offering Polanco another year with the team
    I am starting to miss Beinfest
  3. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

I hope not and I would say the odds of that happening are very very slim.
  4. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

Anything is possible, but I'd prefer he start in Jupiter. He slashed .299/.354/.442/.796 in Greensboro, and then seemed to struggle to find his way during the Arizona Fall League at bats. His slasher there was .230/.323/.264/.588, only three extra-base hits (all doubles) ... he did drive in 10 and draw 12 walks, though, so there's SOME positive. I'm sure he'll be working out a ton in the offseason to get to form.

Sign another guy for one year to play third, like a Youkilis or something, or trade for one.
  5. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

Yea, anything's possible but CoMo probably needs a full year in single/double A. Maybe a September call up if he has a very good year.
  6. I'm glad CoMo is catching on.

Also guys - we should sign George Kottaras. I would actually be extremely happy if we did. Two year deal, even.
  7. Vince0926

Vince0926 Hammerhead

The reason why I ask about Moran is well come on...can he really do worse than bentancourt? And I like uribe on marlins but not for 3 years. And I agree if Moran doesn't come up, then yes, sign polanco again. Plus if Moran sucks the first 2 weeks send him down, just like marisnick, and they both can get some more work in. It's really simple. Also I do want trumbo here. And another catcher. Plus a shoring of the bench. If Pierre doesn't come back that's an extra 5 wins for us next year. We just need to come up with the other 25.
  8. el penguino

el penguino Marlin

This team is incredibly far from league average offense. To upgrade it to that level would be at the expense at pitching. Or Loria would have to spend a bunch of money that he clearly doesn't have or clearly doesn't want to spend.
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  9. el penguino

el penguino Marlin

You don't seem to get it. It's dumb to rush prospects for developmental purposes. You also don't want to start a player's arbitration clock when he's played little in the minors.
  10. just read the Betancourt rumors. If that happens I will probably just shoot myself. He had a .240 on base percentage. Thats not even worthy of A ball. That has to be one of the worst OBP I have ever seen.

Well typical Marlins. They say they are looking for 2-3 bats to drive in runs and we are looking at Yuniesky Betancourt.
  11. Hotcorner

Hotcorner Teal Avenger .

WELL OF COURSE WE'RE INQUIRING ABOUT YUNIESKEY BETANCOURT
  12. Vince0926

Vince0926 Hammerhead

What hot corner said. Well on one hand, yeah wtf on that. But on the other maybe, the front office knows something we don't, like he's a good leader or gritty or something. But no, he does not fit the "2 to 3 bats" mold. Signing bentancourt does not make me go into my 2013 topps baseball collection and say out loud "WOW! that's our new marlin!!"
  13. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

Hopefully he signs elsewhere.
  14. There is no hope. Chris Young just signed with the Mets for 7.25 million. He hit .200 with a .280 OBP.
  15. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

Good, I'm glad... haha
    cdy_0513 likes this.
  16. If its already down to Betancourt levels than I'm not so sure we even find a third baseman. Its gonna be like last year where we go into Spring Training still not having one, crossing our fingers we get one, and then ultimately getting nothing.
  17. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

Like I said in the other thread, if they don't make any deals, I bet it ends up being Coghlan.
    cdy_0513 likes this.
  18. FutureGM

FutureGM All Star

This should be the new name for this thread

It blows my mind that Betancourt continues to get work, when he has set records for least valuable player in MLB year after year.
  19. Actually Adeiny holds that title for 2013. It would be something though to have the two least valuable players in the MLB on the same team. You can do it front office!
    mystikol87 likes this.
  20. FutureGM

FutureGM All Star

Don't give them any ideas. They loved John Buck.