Change background image

Marlins trade/FA talk

Discussion in 'Miami Marlins' started by Hotcorner, Nov 13, 2013.

1. A Betancourt, Adeiny, Solano, Dobbs and Mathis infield would be an amazing thing to see
    mystikol87 likes this.
  2. SongInTheAir

SongInTheAir So it goes.

You're not allowed to televise abortions.
  3. FutureGM

FutureGM All Star

I think the UN would take issue with that war crime.
  4. FutureGM

FutureGM All Star

David Freese was just traded to the Angels, so forget those previous ideas
  5. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

Yuniesky Betancourt being mentioned for the Marlins is flat out depressing. I think I would rather bring back Alex Gonzalez.....and I'm not a big fan of his either. How about Kelly Johnson for 3B. He played there some for the Rays last year.
  6. el penguino

el penguino Marlin

Batancourt is definitely someone the Marlins would be interested in. It should come as no surprise.
  7. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

It's more because of the price tag than the talent.
  8. Erick

Erick Marlin

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if the Marlins front office loves Betancourt's talent. It's exactly the type of player they like.
    pollyvonwog likes this.
  9. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

Wow, you are more down on the Marlins than I am right now.
  10. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

11. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

HC secretly writes for NBC, nice.
  12. mikeb18768

mikeb18768 Muckdog

We could always pay for ARods lawyers and he could play a few games for us
  13. Eddie Altamonte

Eddie Altamonte Hammerhead

Who ever said "There's no crying in baseball" never saw this! :(
  14. Eddie Altamonte

Eddie Altamonte Hammerhead

I remember there was a day there were talks about AROD as a possibility to play 3rd base ...now we are reduced to Betancourt???? Does the FO know people have to buy tickets with real money? Who in their right mind would wanna pay for that?
  15. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

People aren't going to pay to see anyone. The ONLY way fans will consistently show is if we become a winner.
  16. Betancourt is probably the only FA 3b available that is actually a downgrade from Polanco. Go fish!
  17. The team is appalling offensively. And there are not real answers in free agency. It is not as if the team was going to drop $400m on McCann and Cano.
  18. Yes and no... Jose Fernandez's starts were becoming a "thing" by the end of the year and I anticipate attendance to be significantly higher during his starts. Of course, his personality and ability make him one of a kind so he's a pretty rare case especially with Miami I think...
  19. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

But if he was an everyday player, would attendance spike every day?
  20. Maybe...What's a comparable everyday player to Jose?