Change background image

Marlins trade/FA talk

Discussion in 'Miami Marlins' started by Hotcorner, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Erick

Erick Marlin

Yuniesky Betancourt...comparable skin color.
  2. Hotcorner

Hotcorner Teal Avenger .

A's outrighted Scott Sizemore, he'd be worth taking a flyer on. Obviously there's injury concerns but he had a promising 2011 before missing 2012 & 13 with ACL surgeries. Could help out at 2b/3b.
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  3. Entendu

Entendu sXe

Hey guys, what do you think about Derek Dietrich?
    mystikol87 and Larry like this.
  4. Erick

Erick Marlin

Where is Tino?
  5. Vince0926

Vince0926 Hammerhead

I was thinking the same extendu lol. He's missing from this thread, make sure to post in the Stanton won't be traded thread. I think derek is missing from that one too.
    Entendu likes this.
  6. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

Mike Trout.
  7. DolphinJohn

DolphinJohn Hammerhead

8. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

It was a pipe dream that he'd be a Marlin anyway once the news hit that he was seeking about 100 mil.
  9. DolphinJohn

DolphinJohn Hammerhead

Nice dream. I fear we break camp with Mathis as the main catcher.
  10. Vince0926

Vince0926 Hammerhead

Marlins are interested in Phil Hughes.
  11. I wasn't aware he had been converted to play 3B? In all seriousness, I don't think Marls should waste a spot on the rotation on a guy like him at this point.
  12. Vince0926

Vince0926 Hammerhead

I agree but then I think of the disaster that was Tom Koehler,
  13. Undakai

Undakai Sun

Eh, honestly that wouldn't bother me too much. I'm not so down on Mathis, think he's a good signal caller, and with a young staff that counts for a lot IMHO (I honestly signal calling is a highly underrated but extremely valuable catching skill). Keep him in the 8 hole and upgrade elsewhere, particularly 3rd, SS and 2nd.
  14. mystikol87

mystikol87 Boom Shaka Laka VIP

Via MLBTR, they've shown interest in Dioner Navarro and Phil Hughes.
  15. Entendu

Entendu sXe

This is so Marlins. A pitcher we don't need and a catcher whose contract year was John Buck-like.
  16. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

I agree that defense behind the plate is very important... but you can't have Hech and Mathis both in the lineup. It guarantees a losing team. Hech clearly isn't going anywhere, so an upgrade at catcher offensively is a must.
  17. Rydawg

Rydawg Hammerhead

Maybe their interest in Hughes means that they might be working on a trade to move one of our young pitchers for a position of need? If that is the case I'm not against it. I still think Hughes has upside, and in a move to the National League and our ballpark would be really good for him.
  18. Phil Hughes. What a joke.

Get me Saltalamacchia and Middlebrooks.
  19. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

Red Sox fan?
  20. gizmo

gizmo RALLY, BITCH

With McCann gone, Salty is now the best catcher on the market. He gonna get paid, whether or not he deserves it.