Change background image

Marlins trade/FA talk

Discussion in 'Miami Marlins' started by Hotcorner, Nov 13, 2013.

1. dom2613

dom2613 Hammerhead

I shouldn't have said "he doesn't seem to want to sign here." More like I don't think he want's to sign here.
  2. dom2613

dom2613 Hammerhead

Yeah I shouldn't have said he isn't interested in signing with us. That's my opinion.

Part of me thinks if we did have him signed already we'd be able to get more of a return if we were to trade him. Teams would at least know what they would have to pay him. The longer we wait and the more expensive and closer to FAs he gets might make teams weary if they are just trading for a rental who's gonna walk.
    Eddie Altamonte likes this.
  3. Hotcorner

Hotcorner Teal Avenger .

Marlins signed OF Jordany Valdespin to a minor-league deal. Does not include invite to spring training, so he'd be headed to AAA.
  4. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

Good for depth, aaaaand maybe like three walkoff homers.
  5. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

There's Petersen's replacement.
  6. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

You spelled his name right this time!
    :mike2
  7. Jokersgoon

Jokersgoon Squall's Bench Coach

This is the boring part of the offseason now... cant wait for pitchers & catchers to report
  8. Entendu

Entendu sXe

This offseason in general is kind of boring. Probably the most boring one I can remember.
  9. You must really enjoy fire sales.
  10. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

That's exactly what he meant. If there's not a fire sale, the off-season is boring. No gray area, just straight to the top.
    Entendu likes this.
  11. Entendu

Entendu sXe

You read my mind. I swear... The logic on these boards is legendary.
    BenderRobot likes this.
  12. tranquility

tranquility Muckdog

Would six years of Seattle infielder Nick Franklin be enough to land six years of Miami outfielder Jake Marisnick? The Mariner pitching staff needs a good defensive outfielder even more than it needs a bat. Leaving Franklin out of the equation in a Marisnick trade, would the Marlins be interested in package starting with five years of 24-year-old former top propsect Jesus Montero as a righthand-hitting complement to 32-year-old Garrett Jones at first base?
  13. Vince0926

Vince0926 Hammerhead

Would trading for j.j. Putz be a good idea?
  14. el penguino

el penguino Marlin

15. FutureGM

FutureGM All Star

Montero has been a bust in MLB as a hitter, which is a problem since that's supposed to be his 'strength'
  16. DcFishFan

DcFishFan Hammerhead

17. MarlinsLou

MarlinsLou Bonifaciennes Unite!

He's also a complete asshole and got clotheslined by Gaby Sanchez.

Bogusevic had an .841 OPS against RHP in limited playing time last year. I'll take a chance on that over Morgan if Ozuna/Marisnick both end up in AAA for a few months.
  18. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

And the team also just recently signed Joe Benson to a minor league deal, who was a big time prospect in the Twins system and could make the team as the second reserve OFer if they choose to have two.
  19. Vince0926

Vince0926 Hammerhead

We don't need 3 assholes on the team. Stanton and Lucas are enough.
  20. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

You think Ed Lucas is an asshole?