Change background image

Marlins trade/FA talk

Discussion in 'Miami Marlins' started by Hotcorner, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Bret Hart

Bret Hart ↑This girl make me sick

Cubbie's 3B and all of 3 OF spots are in jeopardy.
    -3B prospect Josh Vitters didn't perform well thru Aug/Sep 2012. Even he had suffered some injury in 2013.
    -Other 3B competitors are Donnie Murphy and Luis Valbuena. They are not CC's rival if he perform like ROY season, definitely.
    -All OF spots are same situation.

I think CC's choice was very good for him.
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  2. el penguino

el penguino Marlin

It's a minor league deal. He sucks, so he probably had very few options.
  3. SongInTheAir

SongInTheAir So it goes.

4. Entendu

Entendu sXe

I like this signing. There's relatively no risk, and the reward could be great.
  5. Wow @ that BB rate. I mean it's not like the guy has ever figured out how not to BB people, but hey maybe the scouts saw something fixable.
  6. el penguino

el penguino Marlin

Don't get your hopes up.
  7. FutureGM

FutureGM All Star

Not sure why the Marlins didn't offer Mark Reynolds at least a ST invite, which he got today from the Brewers. Granted he strikes out like crazy, but still..
  8. Wild Card

Wild Card Batting Third

Good luck to Coghs. I hope he makes the most of his opportunity.
  9. MarlinsLou

MarlinsLou Bonifaciennes Unite!

Cut the bleeding, call Seattle
    curveball and Entendu like this.
  10. Entendu

Entendu sXe

They need to just trade him already. We need to start planning the future without him
  11. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

We really do ...
    That or they'll surprise us and sign him during the arbitration process, but highly doubtful.
  12. Frisaro's latest blog doesn't say anything concrete except the fact that a multi year deal hasn't happened yet... which is just that, a fact. It's like making a blog post saying Orestes Destrade no longer plays for the team.

We still don't know if the team has actually offered Stanton anything yet and we don't know Stanton's feelings outside of that one tweet in the heat of the moment 14 months ago. Until an actual offer and response have both happened, everything is speculation.

Of course knowing the media watch people start saying that Stanton turned down an official offer.
  13. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

I'd like to add on to my earlier post - if we're for sure not going to extend Stanton, maybe now is the time to start thinking about locking up Yelich and Fernandez to start off. Then after this season, see how Ozuna et al are doing and possibly lock them up.
  14. Bret Hart

15. Bret Hart

Spencer didn't inform the detail but done is done.
    Only Cishek remaining.
  16. Bret Hart

All 3 arb players are locked up.
    Mission accomplished.
  17. anotherrealfan

anotherrealfan Hammerhead

18. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

Alright, works for me.
  19. curveball

curveball Grasshopper

I knew they wouldn't sign him years ago. Will they be so stupid as to let him walk for nothing ? Only Loria could do something like that....
  20. curveball

curveball Grasshopper

When are people going to learn LORIA WILL NOT DO THIS....maybe for Fernandez but Loria has no need or want to lock anyone up. It's keep the payroll as low as possible and bleed as much revenue sharing as you can out of the the other teams and bide the time until you can sell the team.