Change background image

Marlins trade/FA talk

Discussion in 'Miami Marlins' started by Hotcorner, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Eddie Altamonte

Eddie Altamonte Hammerhead

Loria has no intention of selling the Marlins. he may have to sell once his best buddy vacates the Commish office, its no secret that other owners are disgusted by Loria's doings. The next person to replace Selig will be under a lot of pressure to deal with Loria and the Marlins...I believe Loria is well aware of this
    curveball likes this.
  2. curveball

curveball Grasshopper

I'm afraid you're probably right. It just makes you lose a lot of interest when you have an owner as frustrating as this one is, and who treats the fans as cavalierly as he does. It's such a shame.
  3. Bret Hart

Bret Hart ↑This girl make me sick

4. Vince0926

Vince0926 Hammerhead

An outfield of yelich, ozuna, and wells. Me like.
  5. el penguino

el penguino Marlin

That would be awful, actually.
  6. Vince0926

Vince0926 Hammerhead

Stanton can warm the bench.
  7. Backin2008

Backin2008 Backin2008

Come on Vince.....get away from the glue. Wells would be a solid backup for the Marlins and he comes at the price Loria would like (the minimum).
  8. Vince0926

Vince0926 Hammerhead

Backin2008, just playing. Yeah he would be a good backup. So would rather have wells or marisnick as the fourth outfield?
  9. MarlinsLou

MarlinsLou Bonifaciennes Unite!

Marisnick/Ozuna won't be a fourth outfielder, they will get playing time in the minors whoever doesn't win CF.

Mathis, Dobbs, and Bugosevic are pretty much locks for the bench, so you're talking about replacing Solano or Lucas.
  10. Larry

Larry The Head Fish .

Signed Wigginton to a minor league deal with ST invite
    curveball likes this.
  11. Hello, Wigginton!
  12. dim

dim President of the Robert Andino Fan Club.

Wigginton will be that guy who puts up bleh numbers off the bench but has a moment or two that turns him into a fan favorite.
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  13. ...and then gets a midseason contract extension directly from Loria.
  14. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

Cause he's going to give professional at bats, of course.
    curveball likes this.
  15. Jokersgoon

Jokersgoon Squall's Bench Coach

I wanted Wiggy like 4 or 5 years ago.. when dude would just rake with limited ABs
    curveball likes this.
  16. BenderRobot

BenderRobot Hello! VIP

Dude has averaged 419 at bats over the last 5 seasons. Nothing limited about that.
  17. Erick

Erick Marlin

The positive about signing Ty Wigginton is that he won't be hitting against our pitchers. If there was a list of Marlins killers, he'd be on it.
  18. el penguino

el penguino Marlin

Matt Diaz was even worse in that respect. It's funny that the Marlins signed him last year too.
  19. curveball

curveball Grasshopper

yeah 4 or 5 years ago was the time for Ty now he's just a cheap model of Dobbs.